URGENT Gearbox help needed!!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: URGENT Gearbox help needed!!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    BMW 316

Exclamation URGENT Gearbox help needed!!

I just bought a Calibra 4x4 Turbo last week and its already having problems. I think i'm just one of the most unluckiest people wit cars (they have all had loads of probs).

Anyway the problem is that it needs a new casing for the gearbox & most garages I've tried so far wont touch it, cause its a Cali 4x4. One garage said he would replace the casing, if I could get the box out of the car first, but it seemed quite expensive just to do that.

Apparently it also might need new engine mounts, as they are weak (possibly the cause of the problem?).

It seems to drive OK in 5th and 6th, but in the lower gears it clunks & struggles.

If anybody in the North West can help, either supplying a replacement gearbox casing and/or removing&fitting, I would be most appreciative.

PM me or email me on [onephatnova2@hotmail.com] or phone/text me on 07810002658.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

Drives
    1.8 Astrs G SRi

Re: URGENT Gearbox help needed!!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMac
    I just bought a Calibra 4x4 Turbo last week and its already having problems. I think i'm just one of the most unluckiest people wit cars (they have all had loads of probs).

Anyway the problem is that it needs a new casing for the gearbox & most garages I've tried so far wont touch it, cause its a Cali 4x4. One garage said he would replace the casing, if I could get the box out of the car first, but it seemed quite expensive just to do that.

Apparently it also might need new engine mounts, as they are weak (possibly the cause of the problem?).

It seems to drive OK in 5th and 6th, but in the lower gears it clunks & struggles.

If anybody in the North West can help, either supplying a replacement gearbox casing and/or removing&fitting, I would be most appreciative.

PM me or email me on [onephatnova2@hotmail.com] or phone/text me on 07810002658.

Why do you need a new casing?.......if it's gear selection probs, try re setting the linkeage

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    BMW 316

no, the gear selection probs are due to the gearbox casing, which has moved slightly out of position because one of the brackets on the casing has been damaged/sheared.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    BMW 316

please help...

Drives
    1.8 Astrs G SRi

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMac
    please help...
    Soz...not near you

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    BMW 316

just spoke to VTS and they said it might be easier & cheaper just to put a new / second hand gearbox in.

anyone got a spare f28 box? or know someone who can fit one for a good price?

(preferably in or near Manchester, or NW)

thanx...
    Last edited by TurboMac; 14-08-2004 at 09:50.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    BMW 316

bttt

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    cavalier turbo

i have a f28 in north east butt wanting 300.oo for it could deliver.
    The force of the piston(s) on the crankshaft (through the connecting rod) becomes a rotational force called 'torque',

+ Reply to Thread