C14SE Modifications????
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C14SE Modifications????

MIGWeb User
    Ammanford, S. Wales
    Monterey 3.1 Diamond

C14SE Modifications????

Since most places cater aftermarket parts for XE's and LET's.. does anyone know where i can obtain the following...As i intend to use the c14se for road rallying and therefore must maintain standard intake pathway..no twin40's sadly.

Needing a...

Vernier pulley
    Fast road Camshaft
    Alternative inlet manifold..i.e like the irmscher one that tom stickland has.
    Do SBD do an exhaust manifold to suit?
    ARP Bolts for the connecting rods

Realistically want about 110 odd bhp really from the engine via the above mods... originally had a dyno plot of 96bhp on standard exhaust/airbox etc etc..

Any more ideas of modifying the engine..just needing as much gen as possible here guys.

2. Remove Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Halesowen, West Mids
    Astra Saloon XE Tb's

Re: C14SE Modifications????

Hi mate,

I used to have a tuned C14Se before my XE, i bought a Piper Fast Road Cam Kit & Vernier pulley, available from most good tuners. The engine was rebuilt, with New Piston Rings, Main Bearing, Big End Bearings, Stem Seals. I had a K&N, 7mm "Performance" Leads, NGK Spark Plugs, FSE Power Boost valve, that engine produced 103bhp on 2 different rolling roads. I'd suggest and exhaust manifold from Brian Ashley & and then maybe a Unichip?

Im sure you'd be able to touch 110bhp on that set up with a decent exhaust system.

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread