Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

big XE probs... Help!!

342 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TUBZ 
#1 ·
my xe has been having starting probs , especailly wen ive driven to work in the early morning, an then started it up at like 2 in the afternoon (bin sitting in the carpark all day) wot i mean is it will turn over for alot longer than it should b4 it fires up, an i have to put my foot down on the accelerator whist its strugglin to turn over to actually make it fire up, an wen it does it makes alot of noise, sort of like its blocked up, an it realy smokes out the exhuast in that initial few secs wen it fires up, like its spittin it all out, anyways once its done that it runs fine same as always, but now theres a bigger prob, its realy struggles to start at all an its now ideling very low an it shakes the whole car at idle, an i carnt put my foot down at all (had to crawl home at 30mph 2day cause if i put my foot down it makes a loud tapping sound in time with the engine as if metal things are slappin together , an it doest pull at all, very slow, its not the lifters as thats happened b4 an doest effect the performance.... any ideas???
oh yea an the oil presure has been readin all over the place recently an now its ful all the time, an its losing alot of oil, have to top it up alot at the mo.....

#3 ·
sounds like you have many different problems there tubz,i think you need to trace where the oil leak is coming from 1st,head gasket okay?oil in water?

head gasket failure would give you most of the symptoms you have but if not,after fixing oil leak check spark plugs dizzy cap and leads,use darkness test to check the ht system.if any of these are knackered you would get loadsa smoke on start as fuels going in but not being burnt up while cars struggling to start,let me know about the head gasket and well go from there :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.