Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4 4x4

1K views 34 replies 6 participants last post by  azza69 
#1 ·
i have the code faults"pressure switch faulty" and also "solenoid valve voltage high"

if the transfer box has overheated does it mean its dead? or do i just need to replace the solenoid valve and pressure switch???

any help much appreciated as im on my seccond accumulator setup now and im close to tears with flustration!!!! :)

#4 ·
Pressure Switch
The pressure switch, screwed into the control valve, controls the hydraulic system pressure between the control valve and the multi disc clutch.The electrical contact opens when pressure rises and this signals the control unit when the required hydraulic pressure to operate the multi disc clutch is available.
Control Valve

The control valve is mounted on the bracket for the oil pressure regulator with the hydraulic accumulator. It is an electrically operated 2/3 way seat valve. In the neutral position, the hydraulic cylinder chamber is connected to the return line and the oil pressure supply is blocked from the hydraulic accumulator. This releases the multi disc clutch, disengaging the four wheel drive.

If the control valve receives voltage from the electronic control unit, the return line is closed and the hydraulic accumulator is connected to the hydraulic cylinder chamber. This applies fluid pressure to the multi disc clutch, engaging the four wheel drive. The solenoid valve is supplied with voltage by the electronic control unit (ECU) and in this way, its functioning is monitored during driving, the control valve is constantly provided with voltage except when the brake pedal is actuated at a speed higher than 25 km/h.When the engine is switched off, the control valve receives no voltage. A hydraulic throttle in the control valve permits soft engagement of the multi disc clutch while driving

#9 ·
Check the spades on the pressure switch. I'm not sure if they are polarity dependent but worth a swap just in case.

I've got my old pressure switch, which I'm 99% sure is OK as I think it was the solenoid which was faulty, I'll post it to you free if you want it.

:)

#11 ·
Check the spades on the pressure switch, mine were chaffing on the bulkhead, possibly caused a broken connection on yours?

PM me your addy and I'll get it posted tomorrow. Its attached to the valve assy so you'll have the pleasure of taking it off :)

#15 · (Edited)
got another pressure switch from crhris 2day but sadly the codes 31 no engine rpm+32 pressure switch faullty appear,code 33 however(solenoid valve h voltage) didnt,

check that power was reaching the pressure switch and it is,any ideas?

thanx for your trouble anyway chris i appreciate your help,

also i disconected the wires to da press switch and had the flashing 4x4 light,doesnt that mean stuck in 4x4?as my car wasnt when i did this :( :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.