Well the head gasket has leaking for over a year, but gave up big time this week.
No.4 pot became a coolant reservoir.
Bought a spare engine off year last year so today became judgement day.
James McBride and Ian V6 came round about 10 and we set to work.
I'd already stripped most of the wiring and pipework from the old engine, and was in the process of fitting a waterpump and cambelt kit to the new engine.
I was very suprised, but we managed to get the engine out of the top of the car leaving the gearbox behind.
I had to go out at 8pm but we just had it running as I went out (needs some fault codes checking, and the exhasut modifying)
The 56.5 engine's downpipe won't meet up with the 56.1 CAT section.
Running the 56.1 ECU and loom as I'm still waiting for the transponder Chip from Ben. (Dual ram inlet is disabled at the moment as it's not on the 56.1 ECU)
Took the opportunity to blank the EGR and secondary injection while the engine was out too.
Big thanks to James and Ian.
PS: James had an 8V flat flywheel, so we swapped out the Pot flywheel before fitting.