Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

LET WONT BOOST MORE THAN 16psi

747 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  DarrenH 
#1 ·
just fitted a evo chip on my LET I cant get it to boost more than 16psi overboost and 12psi normal, and its developed a misfire when boosting above 10 psi. (the chip is supposed to boost to 18-19 over boost and 14-16 normal)

I disconnected the pipes going to the actuator and plugged them, but still the same (only 16 at the most). iv been told the penny valve has possibly cracked, is this something I can change myself ? can anyone give me any other ideas ?

#2 ·
Yes mate you can.

If you take the exhaust elbow off (5 bolts?) you shold be able to see inside to the wastegate. Should only take 20 mins or so and will give you a better idea as of the state of play

HTH?

#11 ·
1.1mm plug gap on a let lmao lmao

the people giving out this sort of advice really should be shot, or re-educated :mad:

especially considering that you are running above normal boost levels

#12 ·
iv sorted the missfire it was the plug gap now iv set them to 0.6mm and spot on, but it still wont boost how it should.

it over boosts to 16 then goes back down to 12ish, but if im in top gear doing 60 then drop the throttle it boosts to about 19-20 then drops back to 16. iv been to the local garage and pluged his break out box in and used his scope. we tested the signal on the valve that controls the actuator, the wave form looked ok at first it was all nice and square with a dwel equal in length between each pulse but as the boost increased the dwel shortened and the wave form changed slightly from being square to having rounded corners.

anyone got any ideas ?

steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.