Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Help needed on Kenwood head unit wire up

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  vauxmaster 
#1 ·
I've recently bought a Kenwood head unit - it works fine....except...

The trouble is that the memory gets wiped everytime i turn it on- so i have to enter the security code everytime and set the correct personal user settings e.g. bass, fader etc. I can't use the stereo without having the ignition on.....and its when i switch the ignition off when the memory is wiped.

ignition, battery, and ground wiring is fine- do i need some kind of contact live- e.g. Hazard light switch

:(

#3 ·
Yup on the kenny harness you have a 1 red wire and 1 yellow wire, with through crimps in them.

make the harness into the following combination.

red to yellow.

remainding red to remaining yellow.

job done.

VX have the Ignition SW and Live wires reversed you see.

#4 ·
thanks mate- i tried swapping the black (ground) with the orange (battery)- and that blew the fuse.

i did this coz on my car ISO the black wire was going into kenwood orange and the big brown wire was going into kenwood black.

Is the vaux brown wire the Negative ground? Coz that is where the kenwood black wire is going.

I could try swapping the red and orange wire round on the kenwood ISO. My car is a Mk2 astra 'H' plate.

#7 ·
the unit loses its..

..memory as you lose all feed to it when you turn ignition off. When its working properly, there will be a feed to it and a switching feed, the switching feed (from ignition) will turn it on but the permanent feed will keep the memory in the unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.