I am trying to come up with a list of free (or almost free) mods that can be done to a (C)20XE. I have the following, can anyoneone think of anymore?
- Chocolait orange mod - Removal of restriction from throttle plate (not too sure on this one).
- Airbox mods - Removal of all restrictions and drilling of underside of airbox (recommended).
- Breather mod - cutting breather plate in cam cover to allow better crank fume circulation (recommended).
- Rotor arm mod - removing resistor to allow a stronger spark (apparently).
- Fuel pressure regulator mod - squeeze in a vice to increase fuel pressure (not recommended).
- Remove CAT - allows exhuast gasses to flow more freely (not really free due to replacement pipe - C20XE only).
- Clean injectors - ultrasonic cleaning (not really free, costs about £60).