Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa - Which Track/Rally Coilovers?

598 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TOMAS@C.S 
#1 ·
Hi, my current setup is Spax RSX front coilovers (fixed height rear) with TAS topmounts upfront. Im finding that the front dampers (although only 6months old) have an ammount of play in them which means you can physically move the wheel around by some 5mm side to side!?

Im looking to upgrade to a set of coilovers with the larger bore pistons (maybe TAS bilsteins but how much wonga are they?) which I think shall reduce this play and also would like to move a coilover unit at the rear but believe that the inner wing will need to be bashed out to fit one...? Anyone any experience in this/ gen? Cheers - Tom

#2 ·
The TAS carriers with Bilstien inserts and 2.25 coilovers are the dogs danglers. I ran these on my competition car with eccentic top mounts and was very happy with them. More expensive than fast road setups but you get what you pay for. Pay attention when you get them though as some of the welding can be a little haphazard on TAS stuff. By far the best idea is to ask how many they have in stock and drive up to get the pick of the litter.
At the rear I ran the Bilstien tarmac rally spec with my own springs made up by coilsprings 89. I didn't bother with coilovers at the back.

#4 ·
Any ideas of how much Avo's & TAS units are? Do they both come with adjustable damping? I dont want to spend too much. Do you guys think its normal that I have play in my Spax coilovers, they aint leaking? Its just that over bumpy ground and sometimes if I skid to a stop in the wet you can feel them shuddering about under the car...

Would these coilovers be ok to run for daily road use or would they wear out quickly, bear in mind I WOULDNT be smashing it over humps/potholes etc

#5 ·
i'm gonna run avos on my rebuilt nova, they seem pretty good to me, nice and stiff

dont know why your damper pistons are moving about like that, seems odd, i take it its not just the insert moving about in the casing? i would contact our supplier

as for avo price, bout 450, but the motorsport spec 'mono tube' is about 900!! :eek:
unsure of tas prices

#6 ·
I think it is just the insert moving around. Got a price on the TAS/Billy inserts - £235 per leg without springs, not sure if they are adjustable damping rate though? They seem the best to me, especially as they have the oversized pistons in their which should further stiffen things up! Also plated to 10year sea salt protection - wuooh, go beach driving LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.