Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

C20XE turbo conversion?

957 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  gsi pat 
#1 ·
Hi guys!

New to this forum, but not new to the idea (if you get what i mean)

Anyways, I have a C20XE engine sitting in the garage looking rather bored, and sitting next to it is a Garrett T2.5 turbo. Methinks they're looking to mate ;)

What uprades/conversions would I need to do to get the beast running without blowing up on me? I've already looked at changing the pistons to low compression ones, reboring the cylinders, strengthening the con rod bolts, getting a manifold to fit etc etc, and before I get started I'd like to know what else needs to be done, that is indeed if it's possible to do the conversion... Don't see why not to be completely honest!

It's all going to sit in my mk2 Astra, so would an F20 gearbox help here? Would I need to do anything else to the car apart from install an intercooler?

Please tell me it'll work, or I'll go drive my car off a cliff in disgust :p

Ceawlin

See less See more
#4 ·
Regarding the cost issue.....

It depends what you want to do.

If you want a big power-ish turbo 2.0, Id start with an XE, as most of the parts that make it different from a LET you will be changing anyway since the LET parts meet their limitations at that level.

If you only want LET +phase 2 or so power then buy a LET to start with.

:beer:

IF you get what I mean. Huuuuge generalisations. Just getting a bit annoyed with peeps saying 'fit a LET' all the time.

#10 ·
Stages are basically how much work you do to an engine. Stage 1 is cleaning up the head, polishing and porting the intakes and exhausts, possibly cam changes. Stage 2 goes further with block mods, piston work etc, maybe skimming, stage 3 is the whole hog, balanced and lightened crank, con rods etc... I think I got that right :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.