v6 engine conversion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: v6 engine conversion

MIGWeb User
    Drives

v6 engine conversion

hi all im new to this forum... ok well im lookin at putin a 2.5 v6 into my nova its a we bit of a project...so im just after any info or sugestions and opinions... i know it will cost and will be hard but im really wantin a v6 under my bonnet so any help would be much appreciated thanx...

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    cavalier turbo
    use f20 gearbox 16v xe flywheel and clutch nova gte drive shafts with mk2 cavalier inners.nova gte struts youll need to modify drivers side front engine mount,make a exhaust,a fuel pump from 16v xe.defo gonna need some kind of uprated shockers and springs.then youll need ya v6 complete with harness and ecu.then i dont no if the bonnet would shut with the big beast under it,youll need some kind of cone airfilter or modify a airbox to fit.then your gonna probly have trouble with the v6 alternator belt and pulleys catching the inner wings.no doubt somebodys done it.youll pick a v6 cav up for say 350 tops with everything you need.f20 gearbox and xe flywheel for next to nothing,the rest of the stuff have a sniff round some breakers yards.also would advise getting chassis strengthened.goodluck
    The force of the piston(s) on the crankshaft (through the connecting rod) becomes a rotational force called 'torque',

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Ph1 Clio 172
    Quote Originally Posted by daveybuc
    goodluck
    Which you'll need lots of going round a corner in the wet

Moderator / Memberships Astra Dan's Avatar
    Drives
    C20XE 13S Z20LER Z17DTH
    I seriously wouldn't bother. I don't think you can shut the bonnet unless you get seriously cut down throttle bodies (there was a saloon at Billing last year). You have to mess about with welding engine mounts. Plus, bang for weight isn't good at all, only about 20 horses more than a standard XE, not sure on torque values.
    But, the biggest turn off for me is the engine itself. Sure it makes a nice noise, but EVERYTHING you need to do on them is so involved. Spark plugs even need the rear inlet removing, you've got that silly oil heat exchanger thing thats buried in the V. Headgasket is a long drawn out job; have to remove all 4 cams just to get to head bolts. All pulleys have to come off to get the cam belt cover off. Engine self destructs much worse than an XE if the belt or one of the 3 tensioners goes.
    Get a LET, or a tuned XE, even a 1600XE is the best way, lightest engine.
    They're there, in their room.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Cav V6 & Nova GT'XE

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Pug 106 NAD Shed
    Use a Veccy GSi engine (192bhp) or the 3.0l version (210bhp) is the same basic dimensions. The added bhp will account for the extra weight.
    Handling will be effected, if u want to find out how much ask Toughy, he has a 3.0l cavvy engined Nova on throttle bodies as in photo above.
    Never stick your finger where you wouldn't stick your dick and you won't go far wrong.

+ Reply to Thread