What Spark Plugs and Oil to use in my LET?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Spark Plugs and Oil to use in my LET?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Astra Thurlby T9

What Spark Plugs and Oil to use in my LET?

Now my cars all up and running i want to give it engine service, question is what plugs and oil would be best?
    Engine is standard bar the bigger intercooler and dumpvalve but is soon to have phase one chips. i looked in the NGK book and they listed ZFR6F 11. Will these be ok to use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Astra Thurlby T9
    up^^^^^^

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectra 3.2 GSI
    if your gonna go phase 1 NGK BCP7EV work well.
    and for oil i'd use vauxhalls own semi synthetic at least, had no problem with it on mine and is fairley cheap too so you do regular changes also.
    hth

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa VXR
    I've got a std c20let but with bigger custom intercooler (no dump valve fitted yet). I just use VX spark plugs and VX semi 10w40 oil. Nice and cheap for me as I have trade club.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    R32 GTR, BMW 520D E60
    Avoid vx fully synthetic oil, its very poor on cold start and even at temp it rattles the tappets like ***k!

If you want the best oil for your car use mobil 1 and some Iridiums, they are good for 20k miles.
    www.endless-sport.net

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa VXR
    Quote Originally Posted by observer
    Avoid vx fully synthetic oil, its very poor on cold start and even at temp it rattles the tappets like ***k!

If you want the best oil for your car use mobil 1 and some Iridiums, they are good for 20k miles.
    Yunis, it does sound like you had some bad luck on using VX oil in your VX engine. I'm sure that using VX engine is fine, just you were unlucky on something in your car (tolarances or wear and tear or what ever) and it coursed a bad effect.

My tappets don't rattle, well they do for about 2-3 seconds, as soon as the oil pressure needle goes up to 4 bar, its quite as a mouse....all you can hear are the fuel injecotrs tapping.

BTW, did you get my email to you a few weeks back? About the flexi brake hoses for the Calibra. Last time I heard was that you were going to send a set off to be custom made.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    R32 GTR, BMW 520D E60
    yes i did but there was no text or anything? just a blank email.

well as u know my engine was rebuilt with everything done only 10 k miles ago! ive used various synthetics, halfords 5w40, mobil 1 5w50 and 0w40, and the best has been the 5w/50 and very close bhind the 0w/40 very good on coldstart and virtually no rattle from the tappets and engine runs so smooth when cold. the wort has bene the vx syn very tappty for at least 15 mins and even when hot u get the noise...

Amos who runs a std cali turbo or did until a few month back had same sort of problems on vx syn... it is a crap oil imo!
    www.endless-sport.net

Drives
    Astra GTE
    I use Mobil 1 motorsport...........but expensive........car runs fine with it..

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    no vauxhall
    Always used Castrol GTX Magnatec every 6 months purley becasue the pervious owner did... not too expensive, but certianly not cheap. Get a lot of tap and rattle and want to try something different. Engine (XE) is over 140,000 miles.

Scott
    www.scottbouch.com
    Snowy_astra: best sex you can get is from a woman

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Calibra Turbo 4x4 19
    i looked in the NGK book and they listed ZFR6F 11. Will these be ok to use?
    VERY good for normal / sprint driving,,

Occasionally get KS cutback on opti, (also have a white powdered apperance). Not evident with Total (95 cut with >10%/<20% toluene)

Retracted with an "11" rating good for safety, (but idle like sack of ****e in town)

DOUGAL
    EVERY ACTION HAS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa VXR
    > yes i did but there was no text or anything? just a blank email.

thats odd, I wonder why that happend.
    So did you make any progress on the baided brake hoses?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    R32 GTR, BMW 520D E60
    well after the whole pawer flow /vts thing i got ****ed off and lost interest so ill have to look into that again...

can u send me 1 front and 1 rear hose as samples? they would be the same on a cally turbo?
    www.endless-sport.net

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa VXR
    Quote Originally Posted by observer
    well after the whole pawer flow /vts thing i got ****ed off and lost interest so ill have to look into that again...

can u send me 1 front and 1 rear hose as samples? they would be the same on a cally turbo?
    To stop this thread going AWOL, you have PM

+ Reply to Thread