Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

20xe Throttle valve switch "clicks"

773 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dathers 
#1 ·
Its peeing down here and I cant be bothered to get soaked to the skin to check mine but want to know if the switch on a 20xe makes a mechanical click at full throttle like it does when returning to idle?
Poor old 18xe hasnt been out of the drive all week, cant believe how much extra torque the 20xe has over it, its so civilised at low rpm in traffic too.:)

#5 ·
This is what led me to believe there may be a "click" at wot.

Throttle switch
A throttle switch with dual contacts is provided to inform the ECU of idle position, deceleration, cruising and full-load (WOT)
conditions. When the engine is at idle the idle contact is closed and the full-load contact is open. As the throttle is moved to
the fully open position, the full-load contact closes and the idle contact becomes open. Under cruising conditions with a
part-open throttle, both contacts are open. During full-load operation, the ECU provides additional enrichment. During closed
throttle operation above a certain rpm (deceleration), the ECU will cut-off fuel injection. Injection will be reintroduced once the
rpm returns to idle or the throttle is opened.

Taken from "Motronic overview pdf"

#8 ·
I dont have a problem with mine, just wanted to know if its got an audable click at wot so I could be sure I was giving that signal to the ecu.
The throttle may be opening full but if the switch wasnt signaling such then I may have been missing out on using just that bit more fuel;)
Its no longer raining here so I can check the spare inlet manifold from the shed to see what happens.
Its only been in a week and already I am looking for more power:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.