As I left the clutch on the 20xe (early) flywheel and the gearbox was still in the car it fought back a fair bit with things catching the n/s chassis rail on the way in. Then the splines wouldnt engage as I didnt have quite the right angles.
A bit difficult when working on your own to control the engine from moving about while raising/lowering both crane and gearbox.
In the end once I got it just where I wanted it all it just fell on the splines (no spigot to guide you on this gearbox mainshaft).
I had the starter, alternator and all the inlet gear still on the engine just to make my job trickier.
The later polly-v pulleys and engine mounts all fitted as they should too.
Now I have the hoses to sort and wiring looms to change over.
Thank you to him up there for not raining today