Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Astra G - Headlight condensation

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  BYRONGSi 
#1 ·
As above really...this weather is playing havoc with both my headlights and rear clusters, which in turn leaves condensation inside the casings.:(

I know that it is a common problem on the astra g, but what would you recommend to 'seal' them once I have dried them out?

I want to sort this once and for all, as I cant stand them looking like they do at the moment!:mad:

Any suggestions?:confused:

#4 ·
I have dried out all the moist that was in there, and greased all the seals over..

I put them back onto the car and witihn 10 minutes of driving they were worse than before i had taken them off!:mad:

Any one have any solutions to this common problem?

should i be blowing hot air into the bulb sockets whilst fitting them back onto the car? I am out of ideas:rolleyes:

A:beer: , goes to the person that offers a solution that works and avoids me having to pay out for tinted headlights and irmscher smoked rear ones:(

#5 ·
i got the same problem on my punto lights i only fitted them on saturday i was told to put grease on the seals but dont sound like that works either?:(

#6 ·
headlights tend to be sealed units, so my only thinknig is that the moisture is getting in at the bulbs....

whatever the problem is - its frustrating as hell, and makes the car look cack. Its amazing how something like this makes me dislike my car so much.:rolleyes:

#12 ·
BYRON said:
headlights tend to be sealed units, so my only thinknig is that the moisture is getting in at the bulbs....

No way are headlights sealed. Not only, as you say, is there effectively a gap where the bulbs and associated wiring goes in, there'll also be a drain hole somewhere.
If you're super confident, take the units out and completely seal them, including the drains. Then grease up the bulb or wiring grommets. See how that goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.