Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Churchill Insurance and Modifications

882 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bobothebear 
#1 ·
Its that time of year again where I spend hours ringing people and getting online quotes for insurance.
After not very long I get an amazingly lower quote from Churchill for £344 fully comp with 1 years ncb on my 1.4 8V Corsa.
However after reading the smallprint there is some rubbish saying you must ring them up if you have any modifications.
So I ring them up and spoke to someone who I told I have body coloured bumpers and a different backbox. He thought this shouldnt be a problem. After about 10 minutes on hold he says to me "Sorry we can't insure you because the modifications make your car look more attractive.Noone really knows what the deal is I cant get a proper answer."

I kinda accept this because on the website it says "Modifications that improve your car's value, performance, handling or attractiveness may be unacceptable or increase your premium"
But for what I've had done it is insane to say it is "unacceptable".I was just expecting them to add £30 to the quote or something like most other companies.

So the question I wish to ask is.Is anyone insured with Churchill and declared there modifications. If so how is the best way to go about it and wot mods were they?
So far I havent got within £100 of Churchills quote :(

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.