Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

LET Availability!

810 views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  ChrisB 
#1 ·
I know these enignes are getting few and far between, what are the odds of still being able to find a descent one this time next year?

Gonna be wanting one with all its ancilarys and an F28 to go with it next summer!

#2 ·
why dont u just buy a cav turbo? its people like u who create a demand for the engines..the u then get ppl who keep breaking them, eventually there will be none left....:(

what so good about a turbo anway? they always have boost problems, piston no 3 is easy to melt than cheese on toast, the power delivery is nothing nothing and the woosh ....just look on this forum of how many lets went bang and how many have seriours issues...v6 runs solid and with no bother day in day out...

so, why not opt for a nice silky smooth v6? drivability is soo much better, nice torque from very low down, sounds great at WOT and gives good ecomony!!:) just ask paul baldwin!!

#4 ·
observer said:
why dont u just buy a cav turbo? its people like u who create a demand for the engines..the u then get ppl who keep breaking them, eventually there will be none left....:(

what so good about a turbo anway? they always have boost problems, piston no 3 is easy to melt than cheese on toast, the power delivery is nothing nothing and the woosh ....just look on this forum of how many lets went bang and how many have seriours issues...v6 runs solid and with no bother day in day out...

so, why not opt for a nice silky smooth v6? drivability is soo much better, nice torque from very low down, sounds great at WOT and gives good ecomony!!:) just ask paul baldwin!!
Yunis some times you talk such a load of tosh its unreal, they only go bang when the boost upto high or the engines have been badly neglected. I don't know of anyone with a std engine who have yet to blow one up! At the end of the day the Cav Turbo ain't a bloody rolls, its a crappy vauxhall mass production car (as is the Calibra) dunno why people worry about it so muchlmao

#5 ·
RDS said:
Yunis some times you talk such a load of tosh its unreal, they only go bang when the boost upto high or the engines have been badly neglected. I don't know of anyone with a std engine who have yet to blow one up! At the end of the day the Cav Turbo ain't a bloody rolls, its a crappy vauxhall mass production car (as is the Calibra) dunno why people worry about it so muchlmao
Here here Rob!

#10 ·
willisit said:
I think Yunis is just trying to disuade the man from breaking another car... not from getting a LET LOL!
Dan, well i think it was too early for peaple to understand what i was trying to do, but you`ve obviously had your shreddies!!;)

cavs, well they dont just break cav's , cally's are on their chopping list too.....

#11 ·
hehe just think 2 cars got killed to make one fast nova.

TBH i think it'll be a long time before cav turbo's and calibra turbo's become rare.

It may seem like there are a lot of nova/astra/corsa turbo's about but thats mainly because you're on several performance vauxhall boards.

Its probably gonna happen more when cav and cally turbo's get cheaper and the C20LET prices become more reasonable.

#12 ·
I was lookin to get an enigne that had already been taken from its donner car and used in something else or even from a written of item, not destroy another cav/cally T.

I want the turbo because even though lots of peeps have had bad experience with the LET, they are still outweighd buy the people who love the enigne and have no problems with them!

Having had a drive of a friend phase 3.5 cav turbo i though it was awesome! I can put up with the lag to gain that kinda power!

The enige is at least still gonna be in cav, don`t wanna just swap the car completely cus i`m happy with everything else i`ve done to the car interior and exterior wise, if i was gonna swap it completely may as wel go and get a newer car like a WRX or EVO, but i`d rather keep it vauxhall!

#18 ·
smith.d said:
hi you want to try ace vauxhall in burslem last time i was there thay had a cal t no idea on prices though
www.acevauxhallparts.co.uk
Yeah that's where me and my mates have had our engines from. Ivan always ring's me when he's got turbo's coming in, we've had the only 3 he's ever had, all out of smashed up calibra's.... one was in my Nova, one's due to go in my mates Nova and another is in a Black Corsa from Sandbach.

#20 ·
Ben... can you tell me anything about those two cars? We are desperately trying to catalogue all the cars we can find. Even Vin numbers (last 5 digits) and their "rough" location would be enough!

Value wise.. sky is the limit. Even their history (miles.. where they were found) can affect it!

From £10k to £30k in this country...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.