Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Would you ever sell a car to .........

1K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  anskills 
#1 ·
......... someone you know? / Have you ever done it? / was it messy?

lol sounds like a promo for an episode of Trisha.

Any gen? as the times drawing near and I'm getting stressed.

#5 ·
no he aint being a pain its somone on here is egging him on to mod it :p

But is nerve racking incase I sign in one day to 20+ posts about how dead the car or parts of the car have become :(

#7 ·
Sold my fiesta diesel to my little sister a couple of years ago - got what I paid for it.

Forgot to tell her that the wing mirrors blow off if you go through a car wash or above 80mph. She was in a supermarket car park when some woman brushed past one of the mirrors and knocked it off. She had a right go and the woman paid up for a new mirror - lmao

It was only when she got back and told me that I told her they were loose anyway and on their last legs.

Apart from that - its over in ireland with her now still running like a fiesta diesel should ;) .

#8 ·
yep,

turned into a nightmare, sold it to one of my mates who new nothing about cars, and for a whole year he was constantly phoning me up, to let me know what had gone wrong with it, things like alarm not working , turned out just needed new battery in fob, and engine misfiring what he failed to mention was that he had washed the engine using a hose pipe an hour b4 ,which to him was a a drama, then accused me of selling him a dodgy car, when he had a oil leak, and the oil lights flashing,
he doesnt top the oil up, and drives round for 6 months, as well as taking the air filter off, and driving around with no air filter, then the bottom end goes, due to little to no oil, and then its my fault,

but as long as your selling it to someone who understands a bit about cars, or a mig member, you should be o.k

#9 ·
Have bought/sold cars from/to people I've known in the past with very few problems.

But just sold Kirstys Golf GTi to her cousin and, since the sale, we've done nearly £100 in parts and expenses trying to make her happy with it :mad:

But it ends here.... she wants anything else or has any further problems with it, she can bring the car to us and pay for the parts up front.....
So there.

#11 ·
andyastra said:
yep,

turned into a nightmare, sold it to one of my mates who new nothing about cars, and for a whole year he was constantly phoning me up, to let me know what had gone wrong with it, things like alarm not working , turned out just needed new battery in fob, and engine misfiring what he failed to mention was that he had washed the engine using a hose pipe an hour b4 ,which to him was a a drama, then accused me of selling him a dodgy car, when he had a oil leak, and the oil lights flashing,
he doesnt top the oil up, and drives round for 6 months, as well as taking the air filter off, and driving around with no air filter, then the bottom end goes, due to little to no oil, and then its my fault,

but as long as your selling it to someone who understands a bit about cars, or a mig member, you should be o.k

:( :( :(

#12 ·
I have yes, but in that situation the cars value was under £1000 and we both were pretty clued up on cars as well as the history of the vehicle in question, so there were no problems. I sold it back to him 18 months later for £500 lmao

When I sold my last car (Nova SR) i knocked back an offer from my neighbour cos I knew he wasn't too clued up on vehicle mechanics and if anything went wrong (which it would on a 120K mile Nova) he would be chapping my door.....

#15 ·
only if it had sold as seen on the receipt etc, i would offer assstance for say a month for niggles but thats purely advice maybe a little help sorting etc, but that depends on how much of a mate they are.

after say a month then no, long enough for many other problems to occur so no.

#16 ·
Tom Williams said:
only if it had sold as seen on the receipt etc, i would offer assstance for say a month for niggles but thats purely advice maybe a little help sorting etc, but that depends on how much of a mate they are.

after say a month then no, long enough for many other problems to occur so no.
aye good advice
so for kev, take the money, give him an hour, then run lmao

#19 ·
picture the scene

*Kev gets in the cally starts engine and prepares to drive off*
Kev: "so if nae probloms bring it back to yoo like ye?
Kenny: "yer just pop it back and ill take a wee look at it"
Kev: "ok cool, thanks. will go impress anole now"
*Wharrrrrrrrrrrb tish*

---A whole hour and 12 mins pass and Kenny hears a loud diesel truck pull up outside---

Kev: "err alreet ken, the cally writ itself off, i think you sold me a broken car, i want a full refund"
*Kenny grabs a bat*

#20 ·
My brother and his missus gave me their defunct Fiesta. Totally knackered. They didn't want anything to do with it. So I put a new engine and gearbox in it, and did a bit of tidying up. Went fine Next thing, 'we want it back now'. Feck off.

#21 ·
adamSRi said:
picture the scene

*Wharrrrrrrrrrrb tish*

---A whole hour and 12 mins pass and Kenny hears a loud diesel truck pull up outside---

Kev: "err alreet ken, the cally writ itself off, i think you sold me a broken car, i want a full refund"
*Kenny grabs a bat*
lmao lmao lmao

#22 ·
adamSRi said:
picture the scene

*Wharrrrrrrrrrrb tish*

*Kenny grabs a bat*

lmao lmao lmao a whole hour later kenny will be on a flight to china, fancy paying me in yen kev??? :p

#24 ·
I probably would but i would really depend on the car and the friend. Obviously if the car was sweet as a nut and generally sound for the year and the mileage and not had any recent major problems, and the friend was generally ok and not **** then I couldnt see there being a problem.

#25 ·
Dave Dempsey said:
I probably would but i would really depend on the car and the friend. Obviously if the car was sweet as a nut and generally sound for the year and the mileage and not had any recent major problems, and the friend was generally ok and not **** then I couldnt see there being a problem.
The problem is kev is a cuntlmao lmao lmao lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.