Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

speeding....again...

2K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  garth 
#1 · (Edited)
one day me and 3 mates went to sunny scotland...knockhill...
on the way, we went up the A68, we passed a speed camera.
so i stopped the car, and the back no' plate "fell" into the boot.

we went through more cameras at "silly speeds",got to dalkieth,
and put the plate back on, on with the journey,we got to the A720 and we were stopped by plod....
some old **** that i passed phoned them, they asked who was driving,i said we all were.....who took the plate off??
i dont know what you're on about, i said....
they took my car and left us at a service station,a while later i got a NIP letter, asking who was driving,as the car was seen going passed a camera at 98mph....
i sent it back saying all 4 of us were ,they could'nt prove it was my car without the no' plate and that i was the driver so there was no further action...i got my car back and they paid £300
impound storage charges

missed the track day at knockhill thoughlmao lmao lmao
by the way, it was 8am on an open stretch of road....

See less See more
#9 ·
think its a dam good idea , if the pigs put as much time/resource into catching porper criminals as they do people speeding then the country would be a better place .

im sure we all drive gte'gsi'sri's etc so we can stick to speed limits:rolleyes:

please dont whine on about speeding in built up areas / schools etc etc as we all know that is a different class of speeder.

and i will be happy to make the obvious distinctions between the two if any one is having trouble figuring it out.

#12 ·
the point is i was on a stretch of road ,60 limit ,no junctions,
3 mile long ,nowt to hit....
a camera at the end......???? hidden behind a tree???

the cameras only there to get cash....

i did'nt agree to get my car impounded...they thought it was a ringer...
cos i changed the slam panel,and did'nt put the VIN back on...

cameras should be outside schools,built up areas...not motorways, country roads, dual cabbageways.....

i dont go flying around housing estates like some...

i only did it to prove that the cameras are there to get cash, and without the plate on they could'nt prove it was my car..
and they saw my mate in the back giving the vee's

they got the film developed and my car was the only one on the road at that time...
and if you saw it you'd know why they recognise it...even without the plate...
knowings one thing, provings another

#13 ·
HERE HERE:beer:

no one is condoning speeding round housing estates schools, but how many children do you find playing in the motorway??

the above mentioned camaras in those positions are for nothing else but money raising , why else are they taken so seriously by the police , doesent it bother poeple that police are made to give speeding effences like the above more priority than finding the scum bag who broke into your house/car or mugged you/stabbed you on the way back from the pub.

get off the soap box and see whats really happening (once again aimed at all the brain washed doo gooders that beleive speeding is the root of all evil)

#14 ·
this could be another loophole...
get caught speeding by a camera...they send NIP asking who was
driving, say there was 4 in the car and you were all driving at the time and you do not know who went passed the camera...
they can only prosecute one person...the one driving...
all 4 people deny driving...gets thrown out...lmao

it worked for me...

#18 ·
That could backfire though, surely.

If you say you don't know who was driving your car, the'd do the owner of the car for the offense, wouldn't they?

Also, they could probably do you for not knowing who wasdriving your car too.

Dunno. Just a thought.

#19 ·
no...read the first post..
4 of us in the car
i was driving when i got stopped...
we all had a go at driving...
we dont know where the camera was and who was driving at the
time ...
only the person who went passed the camera can get done...
who was it????

#21 ·
after i passed the camera ,on the way into dalkieth ,i passed a car doing 25mph.. i was still in the 60 zone by then i was doing about 70...
he moved to the middle of the road to try and stop me overtaking????
his 1.3 metro -my 3.0 carlton???
we gave him the vee's as we passed...

anyway we stopped in dalkieth ,went to shop for food and replace no'plate...metro passed tooting horn????
left dalkieth and metro did same again..???blocking road???
passed it ...got to A720 near edinburgh and got stopped...
metro pulled up and driver had a word with plod...
cop said he called them...
"he did'nt like the way i was driving"...????

#22 ·
garth said:
after i passed the camera ,on the way into dalkieth ,i passed a car doing 25mph.. i was still in the 60 zone by then i was doing about 70...
he moved to the middle of the road to try and stop me overtaking????
what a ****, why do people have a problem with being overtaken - if they want to go slow they should let other past...

Not everyone wants to spend all day going down the road at 25mph.

#26 ·
garth said:
i passed a car doing 25mph.. i was still in the 60 zone
He should be nicked for dangerous driving... I know speed limits do not have to be driven to, but road users should at least be comfortable driving near(ish) to them..
And if they don't then they shouldn't have a licence.

I'm usually a sanctimonious p.r1ck when it comes to speeding, but the Nationals are a different ball game.... and I quite like this story ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.