Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

FITTED MY SFi BOX REPLACEMENT TODAY...

1K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Adam 
#1 ·
despite many threads on this subject I bought a SFi box replacement at pv2003,only because it was cheap!!

anyway I fitted it today and the car feels much quicker,even more so when I reset the ecu.

I feel this mod is like fitting induction kits in that they work on some cars but not on others.

tony

#5 ·
not going to knock it, glad you have felt a difference,
Joekont noticed top end losses when he took the Ecotec pipe back off for the SFI box.

i will try it myself later.

Car ok now tony?

#6 ·
mike-the cars fine now,thanks,put new plugs in today and found no more water so washing the engine must have been the cause. It was a bit of a job to find some leads,I'll tell you the story at the next meet.

tony

#12 ·
I reckon that they rob you of low end power and give you flat spots.

So when you get further up the rev range, the car goes through the flat spots and feels great. I believe it to be the perception of acceleration high up the rev range after being robbed of it lower down.

#13 ·
I made my own sfi replacement box, I must admit it does need to rev a bit more , about 3 grand but it makes a nice induction noise.
F.U.K what every one else says if you like it and want it keep it.
The sfi box looks big and ugly to me

#21 ·
I agree mate. You like and I don't.

And I think that Regal and courtenay sell loads of stuff that doesn't do what it says on the box.

But thats my opinion which was formed by reading posts on here by people that have been to them..

But before we get into a big fight, Lets agree to disagree :beer: :beer: ;) ;)

#22 ·
daddy cav said:
I made my own sfi replacement box, I must admit it does need to rev a bit more , about 3 grand but it makes a nice induction noise.
F.U.K what every one else says if you like it and want it keep it.
The sfi box looks big and ugly to me
Hello mate,
what is your DIY version like? - I am after something like a powercap for when I supercharge my XE, but I dont want to pay the full amount for a powercap if you know what i mean!?!
Any pictures of your DIY one?

#24 ·
lmfao at this power ****, its like the stupid ecotek valves which have been PROVEN on dynos that they do NOTHING for performance, fuel economy maybe debatable. The thing with these mods you are talking 3-5 bhp differences which are not even gonna be noticeable FFS. Christ i need to shift the boost on my car around 3psi before i notice a real difference in performance and this equates to 30-40bhp!
:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.