Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Is N/A all that great?

2K views 87 replies 24 participants last post by  RDS 
#1 ·
I have been thinking about this now and I honestly can’t find an answer, so I would like some opinions....

Why do people prefer N/A cars to turbo, after seeing many highly tuned N/A cars, it seems that as with turbo's the power is quite high up the rev range, I mean you have to keep up the revs to use the power right, well a good driver in a turbo car would be doing the same thing to eliminate lag

.... So why not just opt for a turbo,
It’s certainly a lot cheaper to get the power from a turbo, also easier to tune:confused:

Remember im only talking about modified N/A engines here

#62 ·
Driving a 1.6 16V TB'ed engine is brilliant fun. But as a daily driver/motorway cruiser/track weapon all in one I don't think it can cut it as well as a big power 4wd turbo.

Forced induction is great, defying physics is where it's at (100%+ VE NA engines included). Turbo's are getting more popular too as technology improves and emissions laws get tighter. Saab's variable compression turbo engine... Now theres a nice bit of kit.

#64 ·
The things that will be defining it getting rid of an oiled top end, junk all the cams, and get electronic valves. We should be there already, but we're not for some reason.

This gives you a power band that most people would be having wet dreams about nowaday's

NA is better anyway :p

turbos just have their place for any-gear pickup, and cheap tuning....

#65 ·
Giles said:
Simple.

NA is better as it is a real mans engine.

Turbos are for girls (and taxi's).

I think Gary, MattJ, 0ddball and region17c will be along in a minute to confirm this is true.

[/SIZE]
i'm here i'm here! n/a rules, but turbos are ok(ish) lmao

#66 ·
0ddball said:
weyre all in denial, thats what it is.

spend 2 grand on an XE and you get an extra 30bhp. spend 2 grand on an LET and you get an extra 130bhp, but only on full moons, standing on 1 leg, and when saturn is in alignment with jupitor.
Well your XE hasnt managed the magic 196 "kit" figures so your in the phase kit boat sonnylmao lmao lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.