Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

DaveB, you're a git.

540 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Richie 
#1 ·
Ever since your post on Jap crap, which I tried to contribute in the spirit it was intened I have been plagued by thoughts, images and yearning for some... J...... ja..... JAP CRAP!!!

TRAX got me more interested, seeing all the orimental stuff caining it round Silverstone but your post for some reason started me off on the slippery slope to higher insurance, parts, labour and general running costs.

Besides the fact that I need to spend a couple of £££ on my car to get it running right there is this desire building in me to own some VTEC... thing.

I have done nothing but read bout the Integra Type R and how it revs to 8900RPM, whilst taking out a UK spec scooby on the way and how it handles better than any other 2WD car whilst still being solid, agile and a thrilling drive.

I now find myself chomping at the bit to try and find a job, even though it would be easier to find a gnat's penis!!

I need a few months wages under my built and I could conceivably ease myself into the red bucket seats and boot a car that doesn't need a gear change til 9000RPM!!

The Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC is almost as tempting and there are loads for under £4k. They aint as nice to look at but they are movers none the less and should offer truble free motoring as well as smooth, fast power delivery and more smiles per miles.

All of this indecision as you poor gits on MIG read about fortnightly is cos my current lack of employment forces me to mull over things currently out of my control.

The cav is rattly and I can't afford to fix it, the cam belt is too tight etc etc you've heard it all before.

I may be going mad and erm.. DaveB, it's all your fault! :D

It's time for my medication now, I'll see you lot later. :eek: :eek: :( :D :p

See less See more
#4 ·
Fancy a ride in a Nissan 300ZX that will do 185MPH? unreal mate..lives about 5 mins from me , Green one roughly 550bhp been magazine featured , wide arch kit etc.. thats SPEED!

#6 ·
Ha ha its wild mate , reg is HOT *** X , you might have seen it in mags its an absolute beast! Been in it when hes pasted an EVO6 , it eats Porsche's for brekkie...... His mate has a nice silver one as well its not as tuned but it has 9k worth of ICE in it , including a projecting laser from the boot...madness. Somebody commented at a cruise in Blackpool that his engine bay was 'clean' ......with THAT lump there aint no room for dirt!!!! :cool:

#7 ·
SHO_off said:
I have done nothing but read bout the Integra Type R and how it revs to 8900RPM, whilst taking out a UK spec scooby on the way
This right enuf then ?? I know UKcar.com can be wrong but 6.7 sec 0-60, top speed of 145mph and 190BHP and it does this ??

How would I fair if I met one of these ?? :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Text book figures dont count for much as if your gonna buy one of these over here your gonna be an enthusiast so whats the chances its gonna have been 'played with'......its not a shopping car is it!

#9 ·
My Dad had one for a day as a temporary company car and he took me for a spin in it. He wasn't impressed with the build quality (it was about 2 weeks old and a door handle had come off or something and was lying in the back). However it has a 6-speed and revs so high and pulls all the way through the gear. If it were more than 2 litres it would be dangerous.

#11 ·
Fraid it's true Richie, 187bhp, 1.8 litre VTEC with all sorts of lovely 'standard' engine tweaks. 5 speed manual, 169bhp per tonne.

Stats are true @ 6.7 to 60 and 145mph. As we discussed a while back, the extra revs that these Jap things allow makes a big difference when laying down bhp.

I can only imagine what 2000RPM extra feels like. We're talking 50mph in 1st, 80 in 2nd etc etc.

I see two now and then near me, will be a looking a lot harder in future. They are not the most refined of cars hence their race nature but that's half the appeal.

The 2.2 VTEC Prelude is tempting too since it's £6-7k cheaper!

I dunno.. maybe I'll snap out of it soon.

As far as your chances Richie, hard to say. You better it top end, but 9 grand in the gears is pretty fierce.

How do you do against 207bhp UK spec scoobies?

#12 ·
I have to say that Ive driven a Nissan 300 ZX twin turbo and they are bloody quick cars. Mind you with 3 litres and twin turbo it dont do much for fuel economy.
The one I drove was an Auto but it was still more than capable of wheel spinning from 60 to 110 mph and scaring the the crap outta me. Mind you it did make me grin a bit.:D

Would I have one??

COURSE I WOULD!!:D ;) :cool:

#14 ·
Yeah, move daan saarf where all the action is. Or at least to the Midlands or something, a compromise. That way I can see for myself what a cav turbo is like. It's pretty much Ford Country near me though since I have got my second cav the town nearest to me where plebs gather has experienced a rise in cav GSi owners, there are more cav Gsi's there than novas!

Think I'm a trend setter.

As for the Scooby, didn't 0ddball equal one on the 1/4 mile? Now you may not be able to get your 4x4 ass moving quick enough to do that but I reckon when you hit 80mph you could give it grief. Think Mr S also had a play with a Scooby and I'm sure the torquey GTE's could have some deal of success with the weaker Scoobies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.