Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Anyone elses insurance rocketed ?

817 views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Allvaux 
#1 ·
This time last year I paid £167 fully comp for my insurance. Just had my renewal through and its gone up to £207 :(

Not had any claims or anything so thats an increase of 24% for being a careful driver lmao

On the upside, the next nearest online quote was almost £40 dearer and I remember something on the news about everyones premiums going up.

Anyone else had any insurance renewal shockers ?

#3 ·
Yup. My GTE insurance has gone up from 275 per year fully comp to nearly 500 and my Micra went up from 212 to 330................

For what exactly? Someone else's s*** as usual! Still, the law is the law and apparently I HAVE to have it!

#5 ·
Yep mine has gone up on my Cossie and my traders policy, my wifes has gone up on the BMW as well, neither of us have added points or had accidents and got 13+ years NCB.

I've had to pay for gap insurance on the BMW and an agreed valuation on my Cossie to make sure I dont get 2p for them should anything happen - its a joke, i've got insurance for insurance!!!!!

S**T :mad:

#6 ·
yes just checking mine out for renewal at the end of the month and its gone from £219 to £282... with no claims or points or any reason, i did ring them up and moan and they have dropped it down to £239 but it not the point.. direct line that is and they will do a deal if you ring up and moan lol

#15 ·
I'm with Admiral and they are still the cheapest for me despite increasing my premium by 24% this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.