Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

ssomeone hit my car today. insurance question

676 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Trevor 
#1 ·
had someone drive into the back of my astra earlier.
just wondering if any one knows what percentage of the value they will go upto before they write it off. the car is a 99 t reg mk4 sri but the damage is rear bumper, bootlid pushed in aswell as rear crossmember and floor pan.
is it worth waiting to hear or do you think i should start looking for another astra.

on a up note though. thats one less ford on the road sein as the other party was undriveable and i drove mine home

#8 ·
everything is standard. have had it a year and not touched it. was going to do a load of stuff to it over the summer but that out the window now. still if they do write it off am gonna look for the same again cos it a perfect all round car. although a coupe might be on the cards rather than a hatch back

#12 ·
NU will pay anything upto £1K without question.
Above that amount they will consider to write it of or not based on value etc.

They have to do this because even if you have a ****ter worth £50 it is more economical for them to pay a grands worth worth of repair costs rather than to collect, store, payout, administrait, and dispose of the car.
Have to say I have never heard that, ever.

#14 ·
It does not matter what mods you have, if it is not your fault then the third party must pay out, even if you have no insurance and no MOT etc. And as we all know with selling prices, mods do not really add anything to the value of the vehicle in trade price terms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.