Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Vauxhall is slowly seeping away...

1K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Dave Dempsey 
#1 ·
Always been a true Vaux-head, until I left working for them in February and joined Volkswagen.

Until now i had never driven the GTi for a long period of time, but boss let me take one home for a weekend just gone and wow. I really can see now why Clarkson raves so much about this car over and above the other "hot hatches".

Then today, on my day off, a mate of mine who works for Honda brought round the new Type R Civic...and I had to have a go. Bloody ell. Even though its same engine as the old one, what a fantastic fun car to drive. who cares its 40ps less than the vxr etc etc, it puts one big smacking smile all across your face.

I must say, since leaving Vauxhall, my eyes have been opened a helluva lot to other manufacturers.

I would order a new civic type r over any other current hot hatch.

To drive the new Civic Type R, is pure petrol head nirvana

#34 ·
Cant see the big deal about the CTR tbh, I havent had the chance to drive a new one, but the previous generation was far to overhyped IMO. Lookng at things now the CTR is more of a contender towards the Corsa VXR rather than the Astra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.