DTA pro series 8 ecu
Turbosmart T-Reg pro FPR
Turbosmart megasonic BOV
Innovate wideband
Powertec metal gauze airfilter
walboro 255 fuel pump
SFS blue silicone hoses

#31 ·
although its not an ideal situation its perfectly feasable, in america they do remote turbo conversions with the turbo mounted at the rear of the car and they work fine... it doesnt have to be 2 inches from the manifold to work, just need to make sure exhaust diameters help maintain gas speed, probably whey they wrapped it all up too..:)

#21 ·
Awesome - I think every other turbo V6 has melted piston 5 or 6 eventually as the coolant is basically completely ineffective by the time it gets there - I read that 'reliable' FI on a V6 would need modification of the block etc to make that more efficient.

Or is that something you don't want to give away? ;)

So how comes a 2.5 rather than a 3.0? Don't tell me budget :p cos that aint going to have been a cheap conversion ;)

#24 ·
Frank Denke managed 600BHP, Supercharged and Nitrous, on a 3.0 so the mods are possible for reliable big charged GM V6s.

Just loadsa cash

#26 ·
Yeah that was the one I was referring too - 500bhp on gas I believe - a 3.2 also.

That had block modifications too I think.

I know supercharging works better heatwise, and I understand the principle of putting the turbo where it is - but I'm just suprised that the heat isn't still an issue - you're still driving the turbine with v hot air - some of that must still soak to the intake side?

What CR is it with the new pistons?

It must sound immense though :) and I'm not knocking it at all - just very interested as this was the last thng to do to mine, but I decided I couldn't justify it, nor did I have the bottle :p

#25 ·
The reason why piston 5 and 6 always melt is cos 99% off people mount the turdo off the block so heat is given off towards the block when on high boost reason why Saab Conversion work BUT can only run low PSI to reduce heat.
All the turbos which have lasted all have turbos over the gearbox.
Reason why every supercharges them as of the heat problems, V6 will work well under stress just not heat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.