Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

XK150, autosummat thing

350 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  spanishfly 
#1 ·
AS IT is with most classic car fans, the Goodwood Revival is the highlight on my classic calendar. Trouble is, I dread the drive down because the route invariably involves huge traffic tailbacks as thousands of petrolheads negotiate the narrow streets of neighbouring villages and their illogical one-way systems clogged with speed-phobic locals. Not fun when you’re itching to get to your favourite motor sport event.
But Lord March’s recently-launched Goodwood Breakfast Club is a good excuse to blast along the scenic route to the timewarp West Sussex circuit. And you can do so knowing a scrumptious English breakfast awaits at the circuit’s Vitra Café.
The meets take place from 9am to 12pm on the first Sunday of the month and they’re themed: last month’s was for Italian sports cars.
Now, my XK150 doesn’t quite fit the bill I know, but the thought of a car park full of Italian exotica was too good to miss. Especially when a sudden break in the clouds meant I could put the top down –
a necessity for ensuring that I was able to enjoy the XK’s glorious engine note as much as the locals did.
And thanks to an 8am start, the roads were so clear I almost yearned for someone to pull out in front so I’d have an excuse to change down and overtake. Where are the doddery locals and farm tractors when you need them?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.