Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Teething Probs

510 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  S.Nelson 
#1 ·
Bloody typical , Went to pick my corsa up on tuesday night from getting my c20 let fitted , Guy that fitted it says take it a wee run make sure its running ok blah de blah so fuel is quite low , take it out and plant it a wee bit to see if its running ok on way to petrol station , was mega disapointed turbo was spooling but didnt seem to boost though ive just wasted a **** load of cash lol , so gets to petrol station fill her up , take her a wee blast on way back to guys house , starts to boost this time yay but...... engine management light is on now guy does the paperclip test , throwing up 2 faults , 10 mins later few wires changed no faults showing again take another wee blast up an industrial estate , going well but dont seem to be that quick compared to last corsa turbo get back to guys house have a wee chat , he says fit your boost gauge asap cause it could be running feck all boost . He takes it a wee shot and says yeah deffo need boost turning up so all in all is good at this stage Then starts to drive home ( only about 7-8 mile away) notice the heaters were getting colder and colder last time i had this prob on other turbo was rad had blew , so take it easy until i get car in my garage to check water level and notice there is now virtually no water start to put water back in and see it drip out straight away from under the car a few phone calls later guy suggest checking back pipes at bulhead and inlet fanimold gasket Can you guess what one it is so it going back to the guy tonight to hopefully be sorted and back on the road asap! Sorry for the long essay just letting you know of the joys im having the now on the up hand the boost gauge is now fitted , just need the bloody thing to work now to set up the boost , and tonight before it goes need to fit my koni adjustables (thanx to Rob Lee )

P.s. Corsa turbo's Rock

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah m8 expected it tbh , pics will be up soon :)

Looks like this

Quick spec is

C20 Let , F28 Box.
Stainlees Steel Boost Pipes
Frontera Frount Mount Cooler Hidden behind bumper ;) :cool:
Calibra Turbo brakes ( not in Pic )
Going in for a full 3" Exhaust system as soon as its running again lol.

#5 ·
It will be worth it in the end though.

Turbo'd corsa must be fooking mental.

Luckily since doing turbo conversion on mine the only teething problems i have had are the boost pipe blew off once, other than that i have had 3000miles of trouble free motoring with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.