Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Car tax online

608 views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  LEE69 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Main Disadvantage is that when you are all set up to renew on line, you only need the Reminder form that the DVLA sent you and your Credit/Debit card, you do not need to pull out your Insurance Certificate and the MOT certificate as the details are already lodged with a central data base, so in doing on line you don't need to pull out MOT certificate from whereever you file it, means you can never be sure when the Mot expires, so you could get caught driving without an MOT, insurance companies will send you a reminder so thats not a problem.

#15 ·
Doesn't that sticker on the windscreen in front of you remind you every time you drive?

I always stick mine on the top drivers corner.

HiQ tyres send me reminders when my MOTs are due.

#18 ·
I am sure the stickers work for some, for me it submerges into the rest of the background and we may have a quick glance at it every now and again, usually our minds are laden full of other problems and anxities, a quick glance just as we do with road tax disk but do we actually think what we are looking at everytime, no we don't, so we need to remember to have a look at the reminders themselves, surely you are not going to look at it on a daily, weekly bases, if you are lucky you may see it one week before expiry.

I am, a forgetfull man, the other day I renewed a Residential Parking Permit and the old one still had a week remaining so I thought well I will change the permit disk sometimes in the coming week, then guess what, two days after the permit had expired did I notice looking at the old disk that I have been lucky, I got away without getting any PCN so I immediately ran in and fixed the new permit on the screen.

Inother words, our lives are overburdened with millions of things and everything doesn't get noticed, its called overloaded minds, overflow of information, add that to the anxiety caused by new traffic rules, cameras, street signs, changes to life on a daily bases. basically we now live in a 21st Century where everything is now so complicated.

As an example, to renew my Resident's Parking Permit I needed to take with me evidence of my Residence, two seperate forms of address, one from a utility bills within the last 90 days, one other form of address such as a Bank statement, Pension book etc, and Vehicle Registration doccument and the latest type as well, and to fill in a form that is 12 pages of read and tick.....worst than for applying forn a passport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.