Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

just bought a s reg gsi mk3!!!

2K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  DaveMarshall 
#1 ·
well just bought me newest gsi a s reg ecotec 2 litre 16 valver!!
69k with old mots and paper work,
in blue all standard but back box!!
drives lovely ,not as fast as the red top i had last year but no rust on the car one bit which is nice for a change!!!
anyone else had or has a s reg gsi??
this is me first thread so hope i done it right !!lol
cheers
james

#41 ·
i did send ya more pictures did ya get them mate??
i have been thinking about changing them but i ve just spent all me spare cash from sale of me house to pay all cards off and buy this straight out!!
but nice owning all ya got and knowing u owe noo one nothing : - )
been off work last 2 years nearly with rare blood disorder and found it real hard but back on track now looking for a part time job and wanting to go to meets if i can??

#46 ·
i would not say its dog slow ,
done me mates bmw in it,its only a 320 is t reg tho,
but i don t mind when its doing good miles to the gallon!!!
i ve had really fast cars ie r19 williams etc and would rather go for a real mint good looking one that drives good and puts a smile on me face : - )
i had a j reg red top last year that went really really well but arches had ,had it and being red really needed a respray so august last year sold it on,i had been looking at alot of gsi and turbo ones which i will get 1 day as i have a everyday car too which i use for going fishing,golf and shootin in which is a mondeo estate petrol and so will only drive car when its nice weather or evenings!!

#48 ·
o thought he was on about the eco as lot of people have said there real slow engines and not as fast as the red top but it does me fine at he mo!!
with all this wet weather a red top would not be any better anyways as they all spin thats vauxhalls trade mark!!
with this one the traction control keeps kicking in and spoils me fun : - (
thanks again steve!!
going to put few more pictures on 2mrw!!

#50 ·
think so mate!!
been tryin to find pictures of me gte 8v i had too but can t find them no where!!
i loved that car and enjoyed it so much!!
but rust started and i had to get rid of it which was a real shame,but did enjoy seeing the dig clock go up !!!
i felt like michael knight driving that lol!!!

cheers

slappy

#52 ·
thats so much true mate!!!
the bad points were cause it had white motorsport 4 spoke 15,s in the wet you would find it hard to go round corners fast :) and sometimes it had its own direction where it wanted to go!!
but in straight lines it was brill remember racin i mean following a scooby from taunton to weston i never took me foot off the accelator all the way and i think he must of thought bloody hell when i stayed behind him all the way!! 75 all the way honest :)
best thing was it was nt that bad with fuel neither was going to get a clean one but old man said i was mad and said why don t ya get something newer!!

now with me new car worked out driving it pretty hard been getting around 75 to the tenner which i can live with!!
me mates scooby hes lucky to get 75 on 20 quid driving steady!!

#56 ·
what do ya think a bonnet would cost??
been trying to work out but 75 miles to a tenner using super leaded and driving it around town is bloody good me thinks??
been thinking i might put it up for sale in march time next year and go for a turbo gsi its something i got to do before i get nailed down and married :)
saying that i was supposed to be married this august but with health and splittin up in the end got out of it :)

#61 ·
I dont know the person and i cant stop people like that posting and i dont think they hung around long.

I dont see why you have sand in you vagina, stop slating our site, there are no chavs on there, any gimp that spent anymore than 5 minutes on there would see that.

#62 ·
any way back on the right subject, nice car matey, i do love the gsi but with regaurds to the phase1 bonnet with vent, the holes to bolt it on wont match up, you will need to re-drill holes on the hinges (just 1 hole on each side i think) as for the rest very nice. i do prefer the 2 piece phase 1 side skirts aswell rather than the 1 piece on the phase 2's like yours. i do like the wheels though and think witha 40mm drop, they will look ok.

#64 ·
WELL decided to keep it as it is as standard!!
going to get v6 breaks in a few weeks an got strut brace coming too!!
O AND GOT A PRIVATE PLATE COMING TOO : - )
cheers]for everyones info,keep ya posted

the slaps

#67 ·
WELL decided to keep it as it is as standard!!
going to get v6 breaks in a few weeks an got strut brace coming too!!
O AND GOT A PRIVATE PLATE COMING TOO : - )
cheers]for everyones info,keep ya posted

the slaps
good choice of mods, i got a strutbrace - worth while and the same goes for the breaks but i would change the suspension and lower it but only 40mm.

as for the plate, i think it'd only work if it started s??? ??? other wise the novelty/unusalness of owning an s reg mk3 will be lost.

good luck with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.