Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra turbo Vs Calibra turbo help

2K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  C20LETMINI 
#1 ·
Im very soon after getting a mk3 gsi turbo but looking at the prices of them compared to a good cali turbo theres like a £1000 difference in price, I know the cali has 4x4 meaning it would acually move on set off rather than just spin but arnt the transfer boxes weak on them?, Are the mk3 astra's worth paying the extra grand for being slower or are they acually faster plus the astras are quite rare to get hold of a good one. Looks i prefer the astra and the fact they are smaller too. Ive not got loads of money so cant afford paying out loads, is the tax any different too. I need help with choosing shed some light please.

#30 ·
Dexx - Yes you are correct in the theory. But in reality it's well within the capacity of the box to handle the minor difference in rotational speed. I've had several lowered to -60mm without txb issues.

Like Jambo says, Calibra's outhandle Corsa's IMO. My LET Corsa was awful.

Novaste - I can do a full 7,000rpm launch on a soaking wet road and it just goes... throws you back in your seat. 0-60mph on phase 2 power levels is about 5 seconds, wet or dry! Doooo it. Over 100mph the Calibra has better aerodynamics and that makes a huge difference.

#33 ·
i have a calibra 4+4 turbo and a corsa turbo and the calibra will nail the corsa off the line all day long, but in all fairness the corsa is more fun to drive, smaller lighter, ok it just wheelspins and spacks about all over but i like it more, somehow the calibra seems tame in comparison, never driven a astra turbo only a gsi but it seems to come down to what you like.

#42 ·
lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

This is the message I recived from chavtastic. lmao

Chavtastic said:
If you want to continue using MIGweb then I suggest you stop abusing me (and others). The mods seem to be cracking down on this just lately, so I'd advise you to stop posting all the crap you do about me and my Calibra.

Ian S, Mr M3 and Chip did the same, and they are now all gagged or banned. If you continue to post the way you are I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the mods decided to do the same.

Regards,

Ben
shut up chav, everyones allowed an opinion, are you a mod?, NO, well don't even bother, I didn't say anything out of turn, sending messages like that it makes you look even more stupid than most people think you already are! Remind me? who else have I "abused" lmao

Rich

#41 ·
my cali turb has a fecked transfer box and i think it still handles really well... not keen on the looks of a cally but once your inside and cant see it.. its a nice car to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.