Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Went to Alton Towers yesterday and...

846 views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  coolamasta 
#1 ·
Just 3 miles around the corner this happened, dunno how just all of a sudden, bang-bang-bang-bang-bang as we were going down the road! :eek:

The car is NWiMiE's off here aka Tim for those who know him, pretty mad really suprised the tyre never came off the rim! :eek:

This happened at half 9 and the RAC contractors flat bed turned up at 12:00 :doh: :mad: It dropped 3 of us at Alton Towers and Tim went off to buy a cheap steely to get us home as he didn't have a spare wheel :doh:

Still ended up ok day though, got on everything we wanted acouple of times besides rita as it was closed for essential maintainance :( :mad:

Oh and sorry for last pic, had to be done Tim ;) lmao lmao :beer:

See less See more
#5 ·
:doh: :doh: :doh:

alloy has a buckle.... been a slow leek on it for a while

to much weight in the car must have made it go flat as a pancake and blew out :nod:

just glad it didnt happen on the M6 tbh as it could of been bad :(

and fookin RAC take the piss :rolleyes:

lol my head band was the best :D lmao

#10 ·
That tyre has (IMHO) failed due to being allowed to run underinflated and hence damaging the tyre side wall.

Lucky it didnt fail under different circumstances (hard cornering for example)

People dont take tyre pressures seriously enough :(

#11 ·
johnhara1 said:
Rita is crap anyway m8, queued for an hour and after 2secs (the fast start) its bollocks. Oblivion, Nemesis and Air are brilliant tho. Ive you like theme parks tho you cant beat busch gardens i just got back on friday. Shikra is amazing!
Rita wasn't bad, over hyped I'd say, like most things these days. Fav ride has gotta be Air :cool:

#13 ·
chip said:
That tyre has (IMHO) failed due to being allowed to run underinflated and hence damaging the tyre side wall.

Lucky it didnt fail under different circumstances (hard cornering for example)

People dont take tyre pressures seriously enough :(

chip is spot on the tyre had no pressure in... slow leek due to buckle,,, lots of weight in the car boom ....:(

lookin for some cheap alloys as i fear this will only happen agian....

i did actually see a tigra!!! :) i was parked up in D :beer:

Shame Rita was closed but never mind weather was nice and the other rides were as good as ever!:)

first time ive been on air and yes i thought it was great :D:D defo different to most rides

#15 ·
Nah Dave never seen you there mate - yeah shame Rita was shut as we were looking forward to getting on that :( Wasn't best pleased that the car park monorail and cable carts wern't running, done some serious amounts of walking yesterday!! lmao

Yeah I would say it destroyed itself because it lost all its pressure, was pumped up the night before :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.