Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

My day at Brands hatch yesterday!

1K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  spanishfly 
#1 ·
Yesterday I took the coupe around brands hatch indy... and have got to say it was great round the track! The only problem I experienced was TC stopping me powering on out the corners which was crap (will be fitting a TC button ASAP) All in was a good day and made alot of progress in my driving and learning the new car. I was lapping at an average of 1.06. I showed the 4x4 boys that you don't need 4x4 (mates EVO1(tuned) and Scooby) the later of which crashed when trying to out brake me. My EBC brakes held up very very well as i never lost pedal feel whereas the scooby had smoking brakes! I even had compliments from a 911 driver as he said he could not get away from me and later had to let me pass. The was someone in a Caterham CBR260 who COULD NOT DRIVE to the point that me in my coupe and my mate in his rover 216GTi where pushing him round corners! The straights he would shoot of! Must say I was impressed with the way my mate was driving the rover:D Here's some pics! There was also a vectra V6 with VVOC all over it... not sure if he's on mig but if he is HI!
Offending Caterham, mates rover and then me!

Mates scooby behind me, where it belongs!

I was quicker than the ITR too:)

Grr at this caterham again!

See less See more
#11 ·
Its mad! You hit around 100-ish down the straight (porka GT3 hit 130) then come out to the left brake hard down to around 50/60 and turn in hard allow the car to run wide as you ease the throttle on! Then hard up towards Druids where you bring it down to around 30... I think Druids id the most complecated corner.... gonna try put a vid up!

#15 ·
Spanish, if the TC is kicking in, then you need to lighten up the stearing and get it facing the front as smooth as possible. Had the same issue in the VXR at Snetterton coming onto Revitt straight.

Also, if you liked the Indy circuit, you need to get out on the GP circuit. Makes the indy seem lame lmao

Looks like a good day, how much juice you burn through?

#20 ·
rob, posted your 'faster than the integra comment' on the owners club ;) This is the response by the driver:

daaan100 said:
Sent my mate this picture and the joke beneath it :lol:

He was my passenger last night and replied

"The word minge head springs 2mind! What a Barry bullsh!ter. Yes he was quicker in straight lines but then so were quite a few cars. We were quicker in the twisties. Put a post back up asking if he was busy working at his hair salon 2 day"

The asstra was defo quick in a straight line but we were all over him in the corners. To be fair though IIRC we took a couple of cool down laps and pulled in not long after passing him.
Have a look at Track Talk for a run down of the evening.

#21 ·
I was behind a teggy r and a civic r at silverstone. I could have passed tbh but I was happy taking it easy, and i suspect they wernt pushing it either, but I did expect them to pull away in the corners but they didnt.

Having never driven one I couldnt comment on a type r's ability.

#23 ·
Rob

Looking forward to seeing a few MIG people round the track this saturday

planning on making the right choices for photo's of members on the track and with a tripod to stabilise the camera hopefully they will come out alright!

tom

#24 ·
not wanting to row a boat but the type r's are slow as fook lmao :nod:

spanish gota pmsl at hair dresser joke though! lmao :eek: glad u had a good time..how much did it cost? i wanna do sum track when 4x4 back in working mode :D

pudders u de man :beer:

#26 ·
yes honda 216 goes well!! He didn't once go round me on the twisties, so that is bull to. Hairdressers car... lmao why is that then? At least he admits the car was quicker on the straights, std coupe T power too:D
Tom will be good to see the pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.