Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Tarmac Rally Nova footage (video)

1K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Purs 
#1 ·
This was posted on Novaload a few weeks back.

Anyone into Nova's seriously needs to bookmark or save this. Absolutely on the limit driving by some crazy Spaniard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8XVIqZSJOU

enjoy. :beer:

#15 ·
martint2k4 said:
rarr! crazy driver, must of practiced a lot to be able to drive like that, or he's just a suicidal; maniac? still shifts for a 1.6 8v, i remember having a nova gte engine in the corsa and that was pretty rapid!
The Grp A GTE's were absolute giant killers in their day. In the right hands they slaughtered Cossies & other exotic rally cars.

#18 ·
What does one need to do to a nova chassis to make that happen then?

#22 ·
or pro flex nowadays, there are some on euro rally for aroyund 2.5k!!(just for the fronts!)oh and a savage diff!

i do have to say though, the nova only ever beat 'giants' like cossies etc when the conditions where right, bit like when the manta finshed ahead of the audi quattro one year in ireland, was more the troubles the audi had, rather than the pace of the nova outright

#24 ·
Both nice vids. I admire the rally boys! :D

I thought that the Nova was being driven really well. Not too fancy, just getting the job done. Usually the fancy drivers are slower. Its the ones that make it look easy and/or simple that are quick. So in the vid that DHDev put up. The driver does look more fancy with his scandinavian flicks, but wouldn't say his driving was any better.

But to be honest you can't tell just from watching the video footage. IMO both cracking drivers and also cracking footage :nod: :beer:

#25 ·
#26 ·
Purs said:
I thought that the Nova was being driven really well. Not too fancy, just getting the job done. Usually the fancy drivers are slower. Its the ones that make it look easy and/or simple that are quick. So in the vid that DHDev put up. The driver does look more fancy with his scandinavian flicks, but wouldn't say his driving was any better.

But to be honest you can't tell just from watching the video footage.
Agreed.
My point was merely that as a spectacle, the guy I posted was more impressive/exciting. :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.