Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

My Total Vauxhall Feature

1K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Automatic Ebay Listings 
#1 ·
At last my name in lights, well for five for minutes anyway

Hope you like the feature, not to everyones taste but hey lifes to short lmao

What ya think?? (please be gentle I know it has fibreglass :rolleyes: :eek: )

Many thanks

Alex :beer: :beer:

See less See more
#10 ·
Glad you like it folks, I was a bit worried how it would be recieved as I didn't want to be portryed as spotty faced, burberry cap wearing yob, which Unfortunately is the curse of the fibre glass kits

I wanted to prove that kits can look well when prepared and fitted correctly, my main aim in the entire project was to try and make the items look as if they should have been there if you know what i mean, that went for everything on the project, from petrol cap to spoilers nothing just stuck on because it was half price in a garage clearance

But again thanks for your comments and glad you like it

#14 ·
Its one of the only Novas with a kit i've seen which is done right. You all need to see this car in person to appreciate that, The front bumper is sitting better than most GSI's i've seen recently. And the skirts are a work of art. There's proper lines in them which gives the impresson they are a factory fit.

Car is awesome alex, but 30 odd miles in 2 years? Get some driving done! and get it over to PV and Billing next year.

Keith

#15 ·
KeithRobinson said:
Its one of the only Novas with a kit i've seen which is done right. You all need to see this car in person to appreciate that, The front bumper is sitting better than most GSI's i've seen recently. And the skirts are a work of art. There's proper lines in them which gives the impresson they are a factory fit.

Car is awesome alex, but 30 odd miles in 2 years? Get some driving done! and get it over to PV and Billing next year.

Keith
Many thanks keith, :beer: :beer: coming from yourself i'm chuffed as you are a clean GSI look man through and through, kits are bad etc etc. so it proves the point they can look well if fitted correctly and if Kit manufacturers would take that on board when producing the kits they may not get as bad a name, when fitted incorrectly, :doh: :doh: but most of the time its the kit itself the wrong shape or has bits in the wrong places, no mounting points (then you get the self tap situation yuck), I think most of our time was spent fabricating mounting brackets, cutting and reshaping, I think Dessie nearly rebuilt the front and rear bumpers to acheive what you see now. Nuff said (now off soap box):rolleyes:

Yeh must get some driving done, its getting the courage to take those first steps, I've done it once before in 99 , after finishing the car 3 days I drove it to Silverstone and that was after the major rebuild, I can't see the difference this time mmmm... I defo see a billing, PV or Essen show this year.:nod: :nod:

But I'll ride out the winter for now, and get the bloody GTE finished another wasted driving opportunity if Harold would only finish the head I would be sorted as everything else is ready, ahh cars who would have them. lmao lmao

#16 ·
Cool feature, and im really not trying to offend here, but..

Can I ask why you went for throttle bodies, then have got a load of ICE equipment weighing it down? Thought with NA power you want the car as light as possible.

In which case how come you never went for the turbo option which would pull the weight fine?

No arrogence, geniunly interested (as i know how touchy people are)...

Well done on feature, looks a very clean motor (notes undershot pics).

#17 ·
Cupatea said:
Cool feature, and im really not trying to offend here, but..

Can I ask why you went for throttle bodies, then have got a load of ICE equipment weighing it down? Thought with NA power you want the car as light as possible.

In which case how come you never went for the turbo option which would pull the weight fine?

No arrogence, geniunly interested (as i know how touchy people are)...

Well done on feature, looks a very clean motor (notes undershot pics).
The car was never going to be a quarter mile buster, I was trying to create an arounder if thats possible, so taking money into consideration I have tried to spread it throughout the car, but I think it will perform OK as it is a reasonable spec and a 2.0l (beats the 1300 I had in it with the same weight lol) also if I was looking for out and out performance and handling, I defo wouldn't be running 17's (crap for handling) and I did the build myself and was more comfortable with the carb set up, turbos are a mystery and black art to me and i'm not frightened to admit it. So you can see I would of had to of spent unnecessary labour money to get it built and installed, but I am willing to learn and maybe might tackle it at some stage in my life, but I think I will take a wee break for now

I have always had in the back of my mind a Show Car, but maybe I was wrong and should of went the performance angle who knows, but it wouldn't take much to strip the interior and ice out if my ideas changes as its easier going that way than trying to build up

Good point though and thanks for you comments

#20 ·
Oh well i might aswell be the the first.............I dont like it. Bumpers,centre bonnet scoop and the look of the ride height(maybe cos of the big wheels) make look like a halfrauds jobbie to me.......i know its not but i always get that feel when you see these types of kit, even if there fitted properly. I'm not liking the interiot either but thats probably cos i'ma fan of the stripped look. If not stripped then standard for me i'm affraid.
Top effort though,i can see youve put the work in which is alot more than most.

#22 ·
Rs1 said:
Oh well i might aswell be the the first.............I dont like it. Bumpers,centre bonnet scoop and the look of the ride height(maybe cos of the big wheels) make look like a halfrauds jobbie to me.......i know its not but i always get that feel when you see these types of kit, even if there fitted properly. I'm not liking the interiot either but thats probably cos i'ma fan of the stripped look. If not stripped then standard for me i'm affraid.
Top effort though,i can see youve put the work in which is alot more than most.
oh well you can't please everyone, thats can modifying for yah, each to there own

Thanks for your honest comments, but I think the ride height is a bit unfair but as you say the rims make it that way even if it is lowered fairly well you well notice the rear coil platform is nearly at its limit, oh well

#26 ·
just read the feature in tv just now and on the whole a very good job and hats off to you on that one. as others have said not really into the whole fiberglass kit thing unless it looks fairly standard, but i do like that bumper on the front. the only thing id have done diff is fitted the mk2 front wings,lights and grill, that i think would have complimented the curves of the bumper better as the mk1 front is very square. but the rest does look good, well done fella.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.