Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

powerflow quote :-O

722 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Fow16v 
#1 ·
a few days ago i posted a thread about the exhaust pipe on my corsa being too close to the back axel and banging like hell.

i decided to give powerflow exhausts a call, and for a cat back system on a corsa 12v with a single exit 3" round i was quoted 240 pounds + vat!!!!!

after i stopped laughing i decided to leave it.

is this normal price?

#2 ·
Depends if its a custom made job.

I asked a local place about a cat back for my coupe and was told at least £350, but that is a custom job.

#3 ·
Sounds bout right. I had my Powerflow custom built nearly 5 yrs ago & paid £230. I think when a cat is involved you feel as though you are getting less of a system, which is kind of true. But considering inflation & comparing what mine cost I'd say that seems reasonable.

Hope your local Powerflow centre are as good as the one I visit.

#6 ·
chrisj_88 said:
a few days ago i posted a thread about the exhaust pipe on my corsa being too close to the back axel and banging like hell.

i decided to give powerflow exhausts a call, and for a cat back system on a corsa 12v with a single exit 3" round i was quoted 240 pounds + vat!!!!!

after i stopped laughing i decided to leave it.

is this normal price?
I have to ask , why do you want a 3in pipe on a 999cc (ish) engine ?

£240 aint bad IMHO

#8 ·
find your nearest longlife centre - you'll pay more- but the quality will be far better than the powerflow pap i've seen.

And they'll make a proper custom exhaust- not just something they have patterened and programmed into the machines.

For 'street' systems (under £500 and not the sort chip is on about) i wouldn't recommend anyone else.

#9 ·
Longlife or powerflow it makes no real difference, in BOTH cases you will find that most people working their dont actually understand a great deal about exhaust design and neither will ever come up with a system that matches a really good "off the shelf" system from someone like magnex who actually do the maths, not just fit what looks right!

#10 ·
thats a decent price IMO. even though the steel they use is pretty **** its still not a bad price. if it was 306 they were using it would be quite a bit more.

rodgerq

#11 ·
Darwin said:
I have to ask , why do you want a 3in pipe on a 999cc (ish) engine ?

£240 aint bad IMHO
sorry> 3" tailpipe

ok so it looks like my quote wasn't expensive at all. but i dont have enough money at the moment to get a custom exhaust made, but if i leave the exhaust banging any longer it'll rub its way through another handbrake cable :-( just paid a ****e load at MOT to have it replaced. any ideas on a cheaper solution?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.