Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Solid rear mount on Astra 3 LET?

635 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  coolamasta 
#1 ·
I'm having nightmares with standard rear mount. Its got far too much give in it, and its brand new.

Are there any more solid options out there? Anyone using something uprated?

#2 ·
Haynzee said:
whats the beef? remember the standard mount in a calibra is good for 100k+

if you have clearance, gear selection or rubbing issues i'd be looking elsewhere, like the other two mounts.
All three rubbers are brand spanking, the engine rock is stable, but the travel is a lot, often causing it to pull itself out of gear when you really lay the power on.

Its a 2.1 litre LET, running phase 2 and 8:1 CR, and about 20psi

#3 ·
Fill it with RTV and cutoffs?

#6 ·
Ohhhh, i like the look of those Harvey, may have to invest.

Mark, whats the difference with the V6 one?

Haynzee, box is fine, only done 60k. I can physically see the engine rock when the bonnet wasn't fitted.

#8 ·
Yeah ive done 3 rear mounts in the last 18 months, the mounts are crap basically, had a chat with a few peeps and GM don't make the mounts themselves they are bought in from 3rd party companies and are always different as the comanies vary, one mount I had lasted nearly a year where as 2 "weaker" looking ones only lasted a few months, I put one on about 5 weeks ago now that looked crap so will soon see how long it lasts!

Mine always brake the metal casing of the mounts not the rubber... Will have to try the packing with old mount bits and RTV on the next one me thinks lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.