Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

My 2 Champions

1K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  BazW 
#1 ·
my 90k GTE16v Champion. had it for over a year now and restored back to champion spec and gave it a full respray. not 100% finished yet but nearly there, got a few bits of trim to find and i've got the original wheels in the garage :)

fresh from the bodyshop

seeing as it was almost done and I needed a winter project I bought this...

...my Champion turbo. bit of a dog at the moment I know but coming off the round in october when the mot runs out so it can get minted up again. in the meantime i've fitted EDS phase 3.5, custom intercooler and had an exhaust made up for it as the system that was on was only 2 inch. got loads of bits waiting to go on ;)

best time so far, 13.4 @ 105 mph

it's been owned by a few people off here so you'll probly recognise it

See less See more
#15 ·
AL said:
Isn't the LET one Issac's (imp)?

didn't know he was selling that :eek:

Looks very similar...if it is the one - does the bottom end still knock?
looks like mine only a lot tidier :) i'll be fitting the BK's sometime this week, the 16 inch masitaly's i'll probably be selling in the near future

isn't that ^ this one?

was gonna sell the n/a one but put so much time and effort into it I don't reakon I could bring myself to sell and the turbo was just to run over the summer then sell on but a turbo'd mk2 is too much fun to sell on :nod:

#16 ·
BazW said:
looks like mine only a lot tidier :) i'll be fitting the BK's sometime this week, the 16 inch masitaly's i'll probably be selling in the near future

isn't that ^ this one?

was gonna sell the n/a one but put so much time and effort into it I don't reakon I could bring myself to sell and the turbo was just to run over the summer then sell on but a turbo'd mk2 is too much fun to sell on :nod:

Lucky chap having two champs to play with

Had 17" BK299 on mine when they first came out a few years ago, pig to clean but look fantastic.

Sold the car in late 2003 to Spankee who dropped the let in it, as shown in your pic above.

The konig wheels he fitted never really did it for me though. :yuck:

Anyone know where H---CRO is now??

#20 ·
ST200 No.0008 said:
Lucky chap having two champs to play with

Had 17" BK299 on mine when they first came out a few years ago, pig to clean but look fantastic.

Sold the car in late 2003 to Spankee who dropped the let in it, as shown in your pic above.

The konig wheels he fitted never really did it for me though. :yuck:

Anyone know where H---CRO is now??

almost the same car! this was taken at retrocars when the paint was only 4 days old (reason the champ decals weren't on)

racingsnake2 said:
very nice cars mate love champs did you break a 16v gte a while back name sounds familier i bought a engine in doncaster for my astra gsi
yes mate it was me, the money I got stripping that GTE paid for the n/a champ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.