Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Sub 5 sec 0-60 attempt

2K views 60 replies 8 participants last post by  Steve! 
#1 ·
I want to hit a sub 5 sec 0-60 at trax this sunday. Last year i managed a 5.36 at the FCS at Bruntingthorpe. Since then I've saved more weight and have adjustable suspension (raise / stiffen the rear).
The 5.36 run was done on shagged out yokohama a539's that have gone very hard, I still have the yoko's but am unsure on the following, do I

A) get some tyre softener and treat them b4 the weekend

or

B) buy a pair of Toyo R888's?

Any advice or people with experience appreciated. :beer:

#52 ·
Its time to let the excuses roll :doh:
The best I could manage was a 5.64
My times for the day were
I think running a brand new set of tyres was a mistake, they were dead greasy in the morning and despite my best efforts they didn't get a lot better :( Spinning up the tyres certainly wasn't a problem unfortunately!
Pretty gutted that its slower than it was last year, but nevermind, I'll have to postpone membership to the sub 5 club till next year :nod:

#59 ·
Ronin said:
Discount on anything over 2 runs?
I bought 3 (£21), got one free off one mate after he was so disappointed with his first two runs, got another free off a mate who had oil surge probs on track so didn't want to run the 0-60 and they gave me my ticket back on the first run :confused: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.