Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Santa pod 3rd September

1K views 57 replies 11 participants last post by  Nemesis 
#1 ·
Anyone going to the RWYB on the 3rd at Santa Pod? Not many people local who can make it, but last chance i'm gonna get this year,sojust wondering if anyone else fancy coming down for laugh! :)

#32 ·
Righty,first off really enjoyed today been way too long since i last went racing!
Pod was extremely busy again shall be waiting for Shakespere next time methinks!
Got 4 runs in total, 3 of witch i totally fluffed the start of! Need way more practice, the one half good run i got was soo much better! The other three i sort of jumped a few feet off the start then dropped all the revs backdown to idle near enough and started again! Results:

13.416@102.26mph 1.904 60ft - Win against Tony V6 Cav (himselfunknowntoolate.)
13.755@102.75mph 2.234 60ft - Win against Arrogant prat in 20v Turbo Mk2 Golf :)
13.766@102.72mph 2.179 60ft - Win against Gaz Taylor - Calibra Turbo
13.817@101.99mph 2.199 60ft - Win against Danwileman - Calira Turbo

These times mean i did pritty much what a standard Type R scooby should do, so theres room for improvment, not on the cars part but definatly by the driver!

Has to be said though car of the day was Gaz's Cally, producing some awesome times from standard managment! 14.2 Happily into phase 2 territory, even maybe pahse 3?!?!? My race against gaz saw him get 0.3sec faster reaction time, witch took me half of the strip to ctach and pass him! The cally is flying!! ;):)

Best race of the day was the egit in the Golf, Having seen the bonnet up in the que, we could tell it was a modded 20v Turbo engine in a nice light Mk2 Golf. So we let Danny past so i could race him, bonnet down by now i asked him what he was running, just a 1.6 he laughed, "of course" i said "Ami gonna get my ass whooped then?" He just laughed, his mate saying "just a bit" Well i only beat him by .6 of asecond :D

Was nice to meet and talk to MarkWRX off scoobynet too. Also worth saying that ambient temps were 23+ and there was a very strong head wind,so ALL cars should be capable of more!

#45 ·
Ideally you want some slicks (Colway for example). If not then anything that's not too low profile. Then you can let the pressure down a fair bit, to improve your contact patch. Of course you also have to know the ideal RPM to launch at... but you have T/C don't you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.