Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

8v or 16v nova???

617 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Dan_R 
#1 ·
i currently drive a xe nova, performance is great for a front wheel drive car,

been told a 2l 8v engine with a small amount of tuning would leave mine for dead but would slow down over 100 mph,

but doing a 140 in my nova feels a bit scary and i never realy need to go that fast,

so which engine and gear box should i go for?? i would rather better 0-60 times an better handling
so 8 or 16 valve

#6 ·
define better?

you CAN make the 16v handle just as well. its just a case of what your willing to do on the suspension side of things, BUT standard for standard the 8v will be better due to the lump being lighter. hence mi16 205's handle none too shabby out of the box compared to valver novas

#9 ·
I'd recommend the 2.0 8v engine out the earlier Cav SRi's. 130bhp, smashing free revving engine and none of your porous head nonsense either.

I'm not being bias either as I currently drive an Astra GTE 16v which I love to bits, but there is something I cant put my finger on with the SEH lump - it just runs and runs!

#18 ·
gatecrasher3 said:
What he said :rolleyes:

Mate of mine has an 8V on carbs with cams, headwork, etc and it is still no competition for my standard XE.
no offence but he has either chosen prob the most incompatible parts on the planet, or has had it set up really crap. My baby 8v more than a match for the standard xe as per my sig so the 2.0 8v with said mods would defo beat a standard xe :nod:

(unless ignorance is bliss where the xe is concerned ;) :beer: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.