Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Chavs Cally T v Pulsar GTI-R

9K views 274 replies 52 participants last post by  GeorgeGt 
#1 ·
right then all. Im after an unbiased opinion on the matter of whether chavs cally t will be quickier than my mates pulsar gti-r over a quater mile. Im sure your all aware of chavs spec so no need for me to harp on about that. The pulsar however is standard except a filter and cat-back system so should be putting out in the region of 230bhp give or take a bhp or 2. I have asked on the gtiroc forum and they all conceive that pulsar will be quickier as it stands now. He is however fitting a HKS EVC gen 5 Boost controller and hybrid front mount this week so with boost at around 1 bar, should be at the 290-300bhp mark.

Now given, in standard spec (the pulsar) im not sure which will be quickier, but when the pulsaris running near 300bhp, i think there is no contest!!:cool:

cheers for your opinions

#18 ·
Chavtastic said:
220bhp 1200kg? car vs approx 280-300bhp 1450kg car?

sorry mate on a very serious note the pulsar is ****in awsome off the line chips mate has a standard internal one that is running 1 bar of boost and goes a high 12 1/4 and a 3.9 second 0-60 they are just awsome off the line 1.6 60ft's is not a prob at all out of them

#23 ·
No the stock weight is something like 1440kg, which is lighter than say a Celica GT4. The Pulsar might be the same size as say an Astra, but that doesn't mean it's as light. I may only be 200 or 250kg heavier, but with a fair bit more BHP, better aerodynamics and an extra gear.

#26 ·
His Pulsar is standard, and most of the mods he lists will be imaginary! I'm 100% sure my car is quicker, but IF he modifies it then his will be quicker up the quarter but not top speed

Scott it's
EDS P2
Blydenstein ported/polished head
XE inlet cam
Steel rods
ARP bolts
Lightened /balanced crank
Lightweight bottom pulley
Nitrous express wet kit
14.4 litre race intercooler
Full samco hosing
LUK clutch, F28 4x4 transmission

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.