should there be another part the forum for other manufactures

• yes

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • no

Votes: 38 64.4%

should there be another part of the forum for other manufactures

2K views 69 replies 27 participants last post by  astra-cad-astra 
#1 ·
as above what do you think somewhere all the posts that are about bmw's fords motorbikes etc can go :confused: :confused:

i think its a good idea then in much the same way as i dont go into the humur/offchat section ppl who dont want to read about other brands dont have to

#30 ·
Look at Astra Sport - it may not have the following of Mig's extents but the other car chat is well used and effective - why people vot e no i dont understand. People will inevitably move on in terms of cars but want to stay here, its ridiculous to complain and then vote no - im lost

Also it would be for other marques, not just BMW's!!

#31 ·
sbd16vastra, I know where your coming from but this issue has raised its head due to them (or one in particular) posting on the existing car section saying "Blah, blah, blah, your car is crap I have a BMW!"

I have no problems with people changing to a different car, they can do what they want but it would end up with Mr M3 talking to himself! lmao

#32 ·
sbd16vastra said:
awsome

i like reading the other posts the funny thing about this is there are some ppl argueing that the site is a vauxhall site so there should be no extra page for other man

but there then moaning about every other post being about bmw's

news flash ppl your never going to stop the posts so why not contain them in somewhere you dont have to go !!!!

the simple fact is your never going to stop the posts about other marques but you could stop it from clutering up the vauxhall part of the website

never mind like i said i like the posts

but it is funny that all the ppl voting no for another section are doing it because they dont think it should be more vauxhall related (the site ) without realising by adding another section one part becomes other marque they dont have to go into and then the rest of the site is purly vauxhall

lmao
lmao misread the post :eek:

#35 ·
Personally I just see it the way it is, people are interested in Vauxhalls, maybe own a couple, make friends and contacts here over the years then move on. No reason they should leave the site - so why should they post in a "Them over there.." section?

Okay so maybe there are a few BMW owners here, but I've owned DeLoreans and 911s and never been flamed for it :p

#36 ·
Sort of missing the point that these users do not contribute to the running of the site though. Admin can't keep up with whats been promised to members, so why assist those that will not contribute to the site? :confused:

At the end of the day it won't make them join will it? They would just say that they can't take advantage of the Trade Club prices, show passes etc! :(

#37 ·
Right i have no problem with people who own non-vaux's ffs most of my fav cars aint vauxhalls!!!! and given the choice i would have an Evo or a skyline right now.

Although i may stay on mig as its a good site, i wouldn't post that 'my cars faster than yours' and 'your nova is sh1t why dont you buy a proper car'

That was the whole point of my thread anyway. But it seems some of the BMW drivers and ive ONLY noticed it from them, seem to feel the need to abuse site members cars.
Thats why if they wanna talk about how great their BMW's are then do it in your own section.

#38 ·
wayne451 said:
Sort of missing the point that these users do not contribute to the running of the site though. Admin can't keep up with whats been promised to members, so why assist those that will not contribute to the site? :confused:

At the end of the day it won't make them join will it? They would just say that they can't take advantage of the Trade Club prices, show passes etc! :(
Admin should be doing everything they can to encourage anybody to use the site. Migweb revenue is generated by advertising, my £15 removes those adverts and the balance goes towards the Club.

The point's already been made that this site's for performance vauxhalls not vauxhalls, if you're going to be pedantic ;) People should want to use the forum on its own merits, not just the Mech & Tech bit, which is the only bit that is 100% (or nearly) Vauxhall.

#40 ·
for anyone that can bear to head over to another forum :eek:

Have a browse here and look at all the different forums. It works well surprisingly, Scoobynet is incredibly successful when you consider that they nominally only cater for one model... Something to think about perhaps.

#42 ·
edited! :)

#48 ·
personally i don't think it will happen, as it was not a mod's idea, thats the way it goes on here.

#49 ·
As I am a no longer just a Vauxhall owner I do try to avoid starting threads about another marque or steering topics towards them. There are plenty of forums out there for these other brands. I will sometimes give my opinion if there is a discusion about something I have personally experienced. For instance comparing a Cavalier to a Sierra.

It does dissapoint me that some members feel the need to big up a brand they've bought into. This is a Vauxhall site and the tastes of the members should be respected. I can't stand marquism at the best of times and the lowest form of this is trolling a forum with the intention of knocking other peoples personal views.

I don't think this is exclusive to BMW owners though.

#50 ·
MWF said:
As I am a no longer just a Vauxhall owner I do try to avoid starting threads about another marque or steering topics towards them. There are plenty of forums out there for these other brands. I will sometimes give my opinion if there is a discusion about something I have personally experienced. For instance comparing a Cavalier to a Sierra.

It does dissapoint me that some members feel the need to big up a brand they've bought into. This is a Vauxhall site and the tastes of the members should be respected. I can't stand marquism at the best of times and the lowest form of this is trolling a forum with the intention of knocking other peoples personal views.

I don't think this is exclusive to BMW owners though.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.