Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Few update shots

6K views 129 replies 42 participants last post by  cambridge 
#1 · (Edited)
Few update shots (update 30/12/05)

This was the stage i got to and thought **** what a mess! lol. But its ready to stick the engine back in now. Ill have a full run down of pics shortly. theres around 60 progress pics.

And these 2 babys are waiting to be fitted. Getting the slowly. currently welding in the epas column and dash. Hopefull running shortly after xmas.

:)

See less See more
#102 ·
Ok its been a while since my last update but ive got quite a bit done .
Sourced a radiator fan after much debating. Ive gone with a RST front mounted single fan. Also piped in the oil cooler which proved awkward as i have a front mounted alternator so the oil pipes have had to be put through the front panel . To much hassle to relocate the cooler tbh.
Dta Loom is all wired in the engine bay. Just needs the live feed adding inside the car now and its sorted.Gonna start testing electrics shortly and finally then change me fuse box over to a more slim line one. Just not had time yet to do it. anyhow heres a few more pics.

#110 ·
Ok time for a update.
Got round to finishing of the fuel lines today. Got a 2wd cossie regulator in the end after much debate. Just had to manafacture a bracket for it.
Then ran the lines through the car as you will see from the pictures.
Settled for a vaux fuel filter as oppose to stupidly priced aftermarket stuff.
Installed the sytec fuel pump along with the braided hose. was going to use aero quip fittings but for the pressure i need its not worth the money again.

Mounted the front and rear bumpers ( now on bonnet pins) make life easier.
Altho aligning all the front panels was a misson. Still not perfecto but as close as its going ! lol!!! The front grill isnt painted as yet but deciding wether to keep it black or go back white! HMMm food for thought!

Sourced a shi teron AX wiper motor several months back and finally got round to fitting it. Just need to wire it up which wont be to difficult.
Anyhow heres some pictures.

#113 ·
nice chris coming on well, very similar to my build, although i aint got the balls to go out in the gold atmo.

would go white with the grill, tis different in black but jus doesnt look right, last thing on the adgenda i suppose though.

fuel plumbing very neat, are MOT regs ok with running the pump in the car??

#117 ·
Cheers for the comments all.
Mot regs (errrrrr) Yes im legite mr old bill. And if it comes to it a nice box over it mot time will sort that problem out :) Altho the handbrake is another matter. even tho its way better than any cable jobbie!

Its been a entertaining build to say the least. Some more trick bits to come.
As for the dash it could have been neater but my patience is rather thin at the best of times. so some 20 minutes of angle grinding plastic and cutting it made it fit. will just add some rubber seal and silicone at the end to neaten it up. altho this isnt the main concern (looking nice)

main thing is most things are accessible easy enough. makes life so much easier being able to get at most things.

i shall try and get to the mids meet as soon as its on the road. Altho i have running in miles to do and a spot of mapping before it will be raped! lmao :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.