Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Few update shots

6K views 129 replies 42 participants last post by  cambridge 
#1 · (Edited)
Few update shots (update 30/12/05)

This was the stage i got to and thought **** what a mess! lol. But its ready to stick the engine back in now. Ill have a full run down of pics shortly. theres around 60 progress pics.

And these 2 babys are waiting to be fitted. Getting the slowly. currently welding in the epas column and dash. Hopefull running shortly after xmas.

:)

See less See more
#77 ·
Would back to black or something along those lines work.. Try doing a test piece on a non visable part of the hose...

Just cut and shut the nova cable or I had an astra on one my TB's

Looks like its coming on great. What are you using for the power steering pump etc? Saxo?

#80 ·
Heres some pics of the problems with the last block. take into account the block had probably coverd less than about 8k.
It was honed and bored and accralite pistons fitted. then after about 8k miles it was stripped due to blue smoke problems.

On looking its shined the bores to the front and rear. But ont he sides the hone marks are visable where it possibly seems the rings havent bedded properly?? Anythoughts?

#85 ·
I'd say piston slap caused by bore wash.

My mates engine which had similar wear to the bores had been measured up perfect before it went together, after running it in for too many miles on a fuely map it smoked its nuts of.

It was stripped and found to be that the bores had worn badly probably caused by the overfuelling and bad map

Get chip to have a look at those pics as Rob just brought a block which the bores had opened up over a short period, I don't know if the "piston slap" marks were the same on that block or not though but I'm sure he'll have a good idea.

Bore wash is common on carbs tbh

Should certainly be better on tb's though chris, hopefully ;)

#92 ·
pistons too tight in the bore i reckon once they got hot, meaning they were scraping the bore partially clear of oil on the thrust side so it wasnt properly lubricated and has polished it.

Probably a corresponding mark on the piston too, but the picture you have taken is from the wrong side to see if thats the case or not

#93 ·
PS

I am only guessing though, ive never actually done that same thing myself, so its not from experience so dont put any weight behind what i said, im just clutching at straws same as everyone else lmao

#95 ·
Heres a few more updates.

wiring loom is currently going in. decided the fuse box will be mounted somewhere near the centre console. Wriing will go behind inner wings. pain but will sort it.

Also a few pictures to how the seat rails were boxed in ready for the mounts.
Few peeps asked about that so here we go. more shots to come weekend when hopefully corsa dash will be almost complete with centre console switch panel and other items. changing the fuse box to a 10 fuse holder with spade terminal take of's . should be mounted on view.

here we go.!

#98 ·
unsure of when it will be finished. Due to being messed about in jobs at the moment im loosing a hell of alot of money. Which means something has to give. so the car is kinda on the back burner at the minute. but still pushing on with wiring. still alot i can do before i run out of stuff.

:)

#99 ·
Finally sourced a fuel pump now . Going with a sytec 190lph hour pump

Same as that in the picture. Just need to sort out what fuel line im going to be using.

Got hold of a nice oil cooler for £20 of egay. Again i ned to source some decent pipes and fittings for this. May try pirtek or somewhere simlar.

Standard nova fuse box is going. Bought a new fuse box. 10 blade fuse holder with spade terminal ends. Will front mount it to dash somewhere.
Just a pain switching over wires as vauxhall looped so much **** on the standard fuse box. but shouldnt be to much hassle.
Also decided to go to let yellow injectors oppose to the cream. SHould allow me to drop pressure a bit.

Hopefully this weekend should see some update shots of engine bay wiring all sorted ect. gone behond inner wings with most of it to keep it out of harms way.

Dunno if anyone can help im after the outside temp sensor for use with a corsa b dash clock might as well get it working. And missing the hazard switch cover too,

anyhow thats it so far. ta peeps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.