Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Few update shots

6K views 129 replies 42 participants last post by  cambridge 
#1 · (Edited)
Few update shots (update 30/12/05)

This was the stage i got to and thought **** what a mess! lol. But its ready to stick the engine back in now. Ill have a full run down of pics shortly. theres around 60 progress pics.

And these 2 babys are waiting to be fitted. Getting the slowly. currently welding in the epas column and dash. Hopefull running shortly after xmas.

:)

See less See more
#56 ·
ctunnicliffe01 said:
cheers pal. been told about the cup mirrors about 100 times. so today i shall take them of even tho i have **** all to put on yet.
:)
At the end of the day it's your choice, I do still really like your Nova. Glad you're replacing them though.

You'll probably see more with no mirrors at all than having those on! lmao ;)

#58 ·
Corsa epas column now fitted. Just had to modify the nova bracket and re weld it in a different place. Just need to weld up the dash mounts now for the dash and i can start wiring int he loom for it ! (whoopie) lmao

Pics to come shortly :beer: :beer: (amazing what stopping sober has done for me. lol

#59 ·
ctunnicliffe01 said:
Corsa epas column now fitted. Just had to modify the nova bracket and re weld it in a different place. Just need to weld up the dash mounts now for the dash and i can start wiring int he loom for it ! (whoopie) lmao

Pics to come shortly :beer: :beer: (amazing what stopping sober has done for me. lol
you went for epas huh? are you using a controller of any sort??

#61 ·

And a further update. epas column is in. modded the original vauxhall bracket. Ok not the cleanest but its never gonna be on view. Welded it to the car then. welding both sides of each seam. Burning of all pain in the process lol. Once its tidyed up shortly it will be fine.

Further pics to come over the next few days. :)

#62 ·
ctunnicliffe01 said:
will be soon lee. waiting on a few peeps first before i spend any stupid money. as i know a few are looking into making stuff up.
yeah, hockley do one but its mega cash

ooh, btw, finally got the first speedo sensor board thingy working on my vx220 dash, fully adjustable speedo no worries, production ones should be available fairly soon, will let you know

#66 ·
that is my sisters chap! lol Altho i have my own welder but hes mucho better than me. not the neatest of things but then again mainly due to alot of paint burning with the heat.

Its coming along slowly. few more bits to weld and then its time for loom and the final few parts. :)

#68 ·
I've got the same EPS column going in the cav. I've heavily modded mine so as I can keep the cav adjustable column part too. Needed major modding on the column bracket and the peddle box - but easily sorted with the grinder, welder and some plates of metal.

Brian S has the same column too in his manta. He's making a variable controller which will be loooooooads cheaper than the HH etc ones. I must give him a nudge as my car needs to be on the road at the end of the month. lmao

Shall I tell him you could be interested in one too?

#74 ·
tbh hes a fairly good welder. arc or mig. Biggest project being welding up new left handside chasis leg on a supra. lol! good project! yet to be finished that one. but hoping this year to get it all in 1 peice. anyhow heres some pics of its current state yet again. becoming a bore yet lol.

Decided to start getting the thing together. fitted rad/hoses/ and debating what to do with the hole where the heater once sat. probably get some stainless and seal it down. also going with a s hiteron wiper motor linkage which is all in 1. just been looking to how im going to mount it. ill get pics of that shortly when im a bit closer with it

anyone know any tips for breathing new life into silicone hoeses? mine seem to have gone dull just a tad??? Also any idea to what throttle cable to run?
Nova one im presuming and just mod the end??? or can i use summat else with the under slung linkage on the throttles. i have the xe throttle bracket under there to. so any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.