Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1.2 8 Valve engine

787 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Rcb 
#1 · (Edited)
The lad that lives next door to me had a Corsa B 1.2 8 valve when he was 17, had it for 4 years till he was 21 and now he's got something a tad faster. When he got rid of the Corsa it was still running fine! No smoke or anything.

Anyway, every day when he started the engine, he redlined it in neutral, all from cold...Not only did he do this, but he then proceded to red line it down the road first, second etc. Now this is all on a cold engine! it had done 165K miles and it was still going strong when he sold it for a few hundred quid! How the hell did it not break/blow up when he did his constant red lining? Is the 1.2 8 valve really a bulletproof engine?

Was he running it on pure STP? :p

#5 ·
the 1.2 8v engine is a hardy little beast. I had one for 5 years and it never missed a beat, i abused it all the time, didnt change the oil for 2 years etc and it started first time.

im guessing that my lastest 1.2 build wont get much past 5K miles, but meh it will be fun getting there muhaaaa haa ha ha

#8 ·
They are tuff engines. friend of mine tried to destroy his 1.2 Nova as he didnt want it anymore.
He selected 2nd gear at 90mph & let the clutch up.................. It just screamed & slowed down heavily.

i even seized my 1st Nova (1.2) on the motorway in Birmingham when it ran out of oil. Old man towed it home, put some oil in it the next day & it ran for a few years more!!

#15 ·
harty said:
The 1.4 8v is rock solid aswel. They take some blowing up.
You can Cain the arse off them, and the just go, Yeah, what?
I can also vouch for that 140k miles and it hasn't had a service of any sort in a bloody long time! Still purs like a kitten (well actually more like a wild-bore lmao )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.