Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Revving (Ragging) engine

927 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  alagermound 
#1 ·
i go to alot of cruises and they always have ago at me because i dont sit there in neutral on the limiter (i really dont see the point)

rather look at the cars not how a 1l saxo engine sounds

out of intrest not because i want to lmao .. what damage can this do or even driving round all the time in high revs do (use the gears there made for a reason :rolleyes: ) .

#5 ·
Once upon a time I went to the 'Birmingham Cruise' (about 96/97)

We used to park up on the side of the esses just down from the roundabout.

There were these three Metro GTi 16vs that would always come off the roundabout in first and rev to the limiter and *stay* in first round the first left.

One night we had a grand-chorus of about 25 people yelling "CHANGE-GEAR!!!!" as they went by lmao

#11 · (Edited)
chip said:
The esses ****ing rocked
Might have seen you up there.

My time was before they built the central-reservations on the esses.

I'd have been seen around either on the esses or in the Sherlock street multi.

I'd have be in a White Sapphire TD, Red Corsa TD, Silver XR2, Silver XR4i, White Burton XR4x4, Red Sierra 1.6, Blue Jag Sovereign........oh and a White Astra 3 with company livery up the side and ladders on the roof lmao

/EDIT Could also have been seen in a big red LDV 400 up there on the gravel.

Used to be 'on the rig' in the XR2 so I had a big distinctive aerial along with my mate in the Red Corsa.

Then got accused of being a ring-leader! by the Birmingham Evening Mail (They said "The racers were co-ordinated by CB-radio" lmao - we had jack-all to do with it!)

#12 ·
Had to laugh at the **** at PV on the Saturday night that was bouncing off the limiter for aaaaaages then showing off his flamer kit, ended up melting his fancy (Read: Crap) bumper lmao lmao

#15 ·
never been to a cruise in my life always seemed a little bit sad to me, people parking their cars and revving the t1ts off their cars just kind of confirms it.

i do rev the crap out of my car daily ...when driving somewere, but i didnt buy a gte so i could pootle around it will wear the engine out quicker its common sense really but then ill either replace the car or rebuild the engine.

#17 ·
yeah definately not my thing, i go to the odd show but really im not interested in standing around looking at cars, and even less interested in the kind of people these events attract (no offence to any one here but im sure you know the type i mean) i either like to drive them or fix them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.