Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

going for more mapping tomorrow

1K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Rik 
#1 · (Edited)
going for more mapping tomorrow (update)

not the final map but a unplanned intermediate map sesh, got a few wierd noises that i can't put my finger on when on boost only, could be pinking :eek: or just a cv joint screaming for help :mad: done some miles now so might put the boost up to 1 bar and have the cams dialled in, may setup the water injection but it might not be needed at this boost level, also gona ask about swapping to sequential to see if it will need a different map etc ,if not its summat i can do at home and save on labour, not ready with all the other sensors for launch and traction control etc for the full final map, will be in the new year.
@ noble btw

#10 · (Edited)
Rik said:
I Don't know how you'd go about traction control then if all 4 are spinning, as i'd have thought that they'd all be spinning at the same rate, hence the ECU wouldn't know you weren't moving
thats exactly it they never would be spinning at the same rate as percentage of drive to front/rear is different and traction at each wheel would never be equal !
i'm only likely to get all 4 spinning in the wet anyway
i know it seems wrong and that you need wheel spin to even get the rears some drive, but the traction control lets you change how much wheelspin there is, i.e its not "wheelspin detected reduce power until its gone" it can be set at 20% wheelspin then it reduces power above that so your not just wasting rubber on the tarmac and not going any where.

#17 ·
artfulmatt said:
theortically (sp) you could send all power the rear if the fronts wheels keep spinning more than the rears.

(basically the silicone fluid in the txb becomes very hot and hardens causing the power to be sent to the rear)

Thats of course if the temp sensor on the 4x4 ecu were removed ;)
If the VC gets so hot that it locks all you are left with is a nackered txb.

#19 ·
txb aside. just got back from more mapping and fook me i'm grinning like a cheshire cat :D , no figures this time but boost upto 1 bar, god dam its quick now ,on the motorway ,just put ya foot down for what ever speed you want to be doing and thats it, bonkers fast , forth is devastating , estimate is 300bhp now, obivously i'll get used to this power and there's more to come but it feels so good right now. :D :D :D

#20 ·
leesturbo said:
txb aside. just got back from more mapping and fook me i'm grinning like a cheshire cat :D , no figures this time but boost upto 1 bar, god dam its quick now ,on the motorway ,just put ya foot down for what ever speed you want to be doing and thats it, bonkers fast , forth is devastating , estimate is 300bhp now, obivously i'll get used to this power and there's more to come but it feels so good right now. :D :D :D
Cool :D Brilliant stuff :beer:

Sounds like it's gonna be an awsome machine once done :D

#21 ·
artfulmatt said:
Thinking about it ??? (probably to much lol) could it not be possible to join all the disks within the VC - that way it will be like having the silicone fluid permantly hard ??

Crap way of explaining it as I don't know the techy terms lol
Thats basically how vts make a locked box from what i can see. they add more clutch packs so its perminently engauged.
i think i also remember reading that theortically you can fool the ecu by bridging some pins on the 4x4 ecu and make it rwd.

Do noble do live motronic mapping as i drive passed it on the way to my g/f cottage in eyam, and want to tweek my motronic map, and throw out the phase 2 chips.

#22 ·
Nobbie said:
Thats basically how vts make a locked box from what i can see. they add more clutch packs so its perminently engauged.
i think i also remember reading that theortically you can fool the ecu by bridging some pins on the 4x4 ecu and make it rwd.

Do noble do live motronic mapping as i drive passed it on the way to my g/f cottage in eyam, and want to tweek my motronic map, and throw out the phase 2 chips.
i think not. but you could get a omex ecu plugged in to your loom

#24 ·
leesturbo said:
i think not. but you could get a omex ecu plugged in to your loom
Am tempted, but if i go the omex route i'd go to northampton motorsport i think. theres been alot of talk of mapping the motronic 2.7 live and over-righting the default map, hense no phase chip, but a proper ecu.

#25 ·
Nobbie said:
Am tempted, but if i go the omex route i'd go to northampton motorsport i think. theres been alot of talk of mapping the motronic 2.7 live and over-righting the default map, hense no phase chip, but a proper ecu.
U need people that do emulation mapping.

I know of only 2 :-

Stu (chips mate) from MSD and some bloke from a company called chipswizard (wayne scholfield )

Stu has the better reputation I think, and they are only about 40mins drive from each other anyway. ;)

#26 ·
Nobbie said:
But Aren't Northampton Motorsport rubbish. It would definately be worth the travel to goto Noble

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.