Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

CORSA VXR - thread to be sent to vauxhall!!!!

2K views 66 replies 22 participants last post by  caspy 
#1 ·
the new vauxhall corsa looks like a fiat punto that had a head on collision with a zebra!!!!!

please post names on here if you do not like the corsa vxr!!!

casper
lmao

#27 ·
SimonP said:
Obviously someone who needs to do a marketing course. ;)

As much as I like the above mentioned cars, joe public don't want noisey rattly old designs with as many safety features as a deck chair.

If VX had that attitude, they'd be wearing a Rover badge! lmao

you do have a point however as nova666 and myself are trying to mention there is a point in automotive design and engineering were you run out of designs and go for style and computer controled engines, myself i prefer the feel of good old mechnics so easy to fix and at the same time reliable, my father has a ford galaxy 1.9 tdi W reg it has had nothing but electrical mechanical faults since he bought it,

as for my next door neighbours astra mk5 so far its been to vauxhall and exchanged twice and hes only had it a month!!!!!!

i still prefer old school technology and styling, thats why i like astra mk3's there old but look modern, there round but there square lmao, i just love old vauxhalls, pre 1999 - SORRY VAUXHALL

#29 ·
N0VA666 said:
wtf? We are talking about looks here not how "good" the car is :rolleyes:
Yes, same goes for that as well.

Do you seriously think if the Nova was put on sale again it would be in the top 10 list of most sold cars in Europe? Same goes for other older cars.

Thing with Britain is, no one likes change.

I'm sure people said EXACTLY the same when the MK1 Astra replaced the Chevette!

#33 ·
SimonP said:
Yes, same goes for that as well.

Do you seriously think if the Nova was put on sale again it would be in the top 10 list of most sold cars in Europe? Same goes for other older cars.

Thing with Britain is, no one likes change.

I'm sure people said EXACTLY the same when the MK1 Astra replaced the Chevette!
No the Nova wouldn't be top of the list, but the origional Vectra Gsi was bloddy lush!!! And they changed it to look like every other car on the road, and now it looks ****!!

Thats my point ;)

#34 ·
N0VA666 said:
No the Nova wouldn't be top of the list, but the origional Vectra Gsi was bloddy lush!!! And they changed it to look like every other car on the road, and now it looks ****!!

Thats my point ;)
In your opinion. I agree with you too, but generally, the Vectra was seen as a poor car by the motoring press.

To look like every other car? Same was said when the 'B' came out, I can't think of any other car that the 'C' looks like, in much the same way as the 'B'.

#36 ·
N0VA666 said:

Thats my point ;)
The origional Vectra was a nightmare for Vauxhall,do you know how many problems those cars had. Same goes for saying old cars have less problems than new, Nova;s etc. would have had just as many rpoblems when they first came out as cars today. Personally I like the new Corsa, looks far better than the offerings from other manufacturers.

#37 ·
I just cant understand why everyone wants boring cars that look like everything else.

I sit in traffic jams everyday thinking "Why did you just spend £15 or 20k on that poo standard boring car" and think of older cars (and i dont mean 15 year old cars even 6 or 7 year olds?) i could get with the money they spent and i think there crazy, but thats my personal opinion.

#39 ·
N0VA666 said:
I just cant understand why everyone wants boring cars that look like everything else.
Why do you keep saying this?? lmao

In that case, the Nova looks like the Uno...or the Metro. You'll disagree because you like the Nova....me too.

BUT, every year people bring out the same statement about everything looking boring and like something else. The exact same thing was said when the Vectra B was released.

#46 ·
lmao @ comments towards a cammo'd up prototype.....

i can see more or less where the lines of the car and its lights are as we have all the prototype ford SAV's/Focus's/otehrs etc and you can see whn up close what the real lines are and the stick on lights are there to throw you off couurse, i mean the new focus had paper light outlines stuck onto the back that looked like omega rear lenses lol and then tiny round lights up the C/D pillars to provide the needed light lol.

the cammo people are pretty fecking clever when it comes to making the car look like something else.

i do however think that the proto rear lights that stick out like chavvy shift lights should be marketed as an option for a laugh.

#47 ·
cambridge said:
lmao @ comments towards a cammo'd up prototype.....

i can see more or less where the lines of the car and its lights are as we have all the prototype ford SAV's/Focus's/otehrs etc and you can see whn up close what the real lines are and the stick on lights are there to throw you off couurse, i mean the new focus had paper light outlines stuck onto the back that looked like omega rear lenses lol and then tiny round lights up the C/D pillars to provide the needed light lol.

the cammo people are pretty fecking clever when it comes to making the car look like something else.

i do however think that the proto rear lights that stick out like chavvy shift lights should be marketed as an option for a laugh.
:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.